Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: Immortal Reign by Morgan Rhodes

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

Immortal Reign
(Falling Kingdoms #6)
Publication Date: December 12, 2017
Hardcover, 400 pages, Razorbill
Genres: YA, Fantasy

As two lethal elemental gods set out to destroy Mytica, sworn enemies must become allies in the final fight to save the kingdoms.

Jonas continues to willfully defy his destiny, but the consequences of plotting his own course are drastic. As the fight for Mytica rages on, he must decide just how much more he's willing to sacrifice.

Lucia knows there's something special about her daughter and she'll do anything to protect her, even if that means facing Kyan alone.

Amara is called back home to Kraeshia. Grandma Cortas has her own plans for Mytica's future. She promises Amara power, revenge, and dominance if she agrees to be part of her scheme.

Magnus and Cleo's love will be put to the ultimate test. Dark magic is causing widespread destruction throughout the kingdom. Enemies across the sea are advancing. And unrest is stirring throughout the land. Is their love strong enough to withstand the outside forces tearing them apart?

My Thoughts

This is the last book in a series I’ve been reading for five years. FIVE YEARS! I can’t believe it. I was such a little baby. Now, I’m out of school with no job and no prospects. (Insert Charlotte Pride and Prejudice quote about being a burden to my parents here lol.)

I’ve had my ups and downs with the past few books, but overall, this series is really good. I’m ready for more Magnus and Jonas, but if Lucia could just disappear, I wouldn’t be upset.

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

5 comments:

  1. EEEK!!! DYING TO READ THIS ONE!! Like seriously DYING! Lol!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited about this book mostly because I will finally binge-read the series from start to finish once this one publishes! I've always been interested in the series but it seemed like it would never end. :D I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Shell. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binge-reading is much smarter than reading the book once it comes out. It's so much easier to remember everything that way. And, have a fabulous week, too! :)

      Delete
  3. I might need to check out this series. It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, and it is! The first book is a little slow, but book two is very good.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!