Saturday, July 22, 2017

Stacking the Shelves: The I Didn't Buy Any of Them Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I didn’t buy a single book since my last book haul, but somehow I managed to accumulate a very hefty amount. NYU’s Summer Publishing Institute is very good about providing its students with a plethora of good reads. Unfortunately, it cost a pretty penny to ship all of these books back home.

Luck, Love & Lemon Pie by Amy E. Reichert
The Way to Bea by Kat Yeh
The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
Dreamland Burning by Jennifer Latham
White Working Class by Joan C. Williams
Girl in Snow by Danya Kukafka
Everything All at Once by Bill Nye
How Will You Measure Your Life? by Clayton M. Christensen
Managing Oneself by Peter F. Drucker
Happiness (The HBR Emotional Intelligence Series)
Remember Who You Are by Daisy Wademan

When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
This Mortal Coil by Emily Suvada (Manuscript)
You Bring the Distant Near by Mitali Perkins (ARC)
The Tiger’s Daughter by K. Arsenault Rivera (ARC)
The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell
The Epic Crush of Genie Lo by F.C. Yee (ARC)
In Some Other Life by Jessica Brody (ARC)

Thanks, Tor, Abrams, Macmillan, and Simon & Schuster for generously donating these books to SPI students. Also, thanks to Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group for the swag and the ARC of You Bring the Distant Near. I got to visit their office, and believe me, it was as magical as any book nerd would expect.

Special thanks to an editorial assistant at Simon Pulse (no name sharing, just in case she doesn’t want me to) for The Last Magician, This Mortal Coil, and When Dimple Met Rishi. (She gave me another bound manuscript, but I let my roommate borrow it before I could snap a pic. It’ll be in my next StS haul.)

What books have you bought/received lately?

14 comments:

  1. OOoh very nice haul! Lots of new to me ones here! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm going to try to enjoy as many as possible. :)

      Delete
  2. I have a copy of When Dimple Met Rishi. It looks so good! :-) Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read it. I was super lucky to get a copy. XD

      Delete
  3. The spine of The Last Magician looks so gorgeous! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an amazing haul. I'm a bit jealous over here. - Katie

    Here's my STS: http://justanothergirlandherbooks.blogspot.de/2017/07/stacking-shelves-22-july-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's a lot of great books you got there! I hope you enjoy them all!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, S&S was good to you this week! I loved When Dimple Met Rishi. I've been trying to read The Last Magician for the longest time, but can't seem to get into it. Which is sad, because I loved the author's Unhooked. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week, Shell. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Dimple is the book I want to read as soon as I finish my current read. It sounds amazing!

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful haul! The publishers were very good to you :) Hope you enjoy all of them.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!