Monday, July 10, 2017

Six days until Game of Thrones Season 7. I'm not going to make it.

Six days, ya’ll. SIX TORTUROUS DAYS!

The trailers for season seven of Game of Thrones have been out for a while now, but I can’t stop watching them! It’s seriously become a problem.


While I watched the trailers back when they were first released, I didn’t write up my thoughts. Now that I’ve finally had some time to relax, I really want to share with you all some quick thoughts about the most recent trailer: #WinterIsHere.

First and foremost, Jon freakin’ Snow. I don’t care if there are haters out there, Jon Snow is my favorite GoT character. He may make some stupid decisions sometimes, but those decisions are always about saving lives. The bit about the “pack survives” delivered by Sansa was breathtaking, and how it ends with Jon slashing Longclaw down. Well… just know that I fangirled. Hard.

After my initial Jon Snow reaction, most of my thoughts were all over the place. These trailers are so fast-paced. It’s brilliant editing in that it tells non-book readers (or even non-video-theory-watchers like myself) very little about what’s happening this season, but I have to watch the trailer over and over again to truly make things out. It was a very smart hype move on HBO’s part.

Jon Snow being bada$$.

Also, Beric Dondarrion’s flaming sword is back, Jaime is in some awesome armor, Grey Worm looks like he’s about to set himself loose on an unsuspecting location, and Arya is finally going north (or so it seems).

Oh, and then there are the dragons. Drogon is big. HUGE. But there aren’t any Ghost snippets. I know some were filmed though, so at least there’s that.

All in all, I loved the trailer. It’s everything a show fan could want. There are pyrotechnics (What would GoT be without a little fire?), white walkers, and dragons. I couldn’t have asked for more.

That’s enough about my feels. How pumped are you for season seven? Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. I really need to start watching this series. I watched episode 1 a couple of years ago and liked it but never watched any more. Hopefully, I can get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!