Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: Ever the Brave by Erin Summerill

 "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

Ever the Brave
(Clash of Kingdoms #2)
Publication Date: December 5, 2017
Hardcover, 464 pages, HMH Books
Genres: YA, Fantasy

Ever the Divided. Ever the Feared. Ever the Brave.

After saving King Aodren with her newfound Channeler powers, Britta only wants to live a peaceful life in her childhood home. Unfortunately, saving the King has created a tether between them she cannot sever, no matter how much she'd like to, and now he's insisting on making her a noble lady. And there are those who want to use Britta’s power for evil designs. If Britta cannot find a way to harness her new magical ability, her life—as well as her country—may be lost.

The stakes are higher than ever in the sequel to Ever the Hunted, as Britta struggles to protect her kingdom and her heart.

My Thoughts

I read Ever the Hunted, book one in the series, back in April. I thought it was a quick, fun, fantasy read. I liked the storyline and the characters. I’m hoping for some more world-building and character development in the sequel, though.

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

6 comments:

  1. Nice pick! Seeing this one a bit around the blogosphere! Hope you enjoy it too once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh. I haven't seen it around. If I didn't have it on my Goodreads TBR, I might have forgotten about it.

      Delete
  2. I am looking forward to reading this book too! I liked Ever the Hunted, and even though I'm a little nervous about this one, I can't wait to see how the series ends. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Shell. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little nervous too. The ending had me worried about a love triangle, and I'm just not sure about that... Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoy this one. I haven't had a chance to read the first one yet. I need more time!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!