Sunday, July 2, 2017

My Very Crazy, Hectic NYC Life: An Update to End All Quick Updates

Long time no see, my fellow book lovers. I’ve been gone for months now, and it feels weird being back.

In case you all didn’t know, I was super busy with grad school last semester. I also just started at NYU’s Summer Publishing Institute (SPI) in New York City. I’ve been learning all about the business of publishing, and it’s been awesome!

So, just a quick update on my life:

1. Like I mentioned, I graduated from grad school. I now have a Master of Arts degree in Writing. It was a super stressful year of my life, but I am now free from higher education (not counting my summer course certificate program). I won’t be going back for a PhD anytime soon, if at all.

My last day as a graduate assistant. :*(

2. I am currently living in New York City. I moved up here June 4th for SPI, and I may or may not stay for longer. It depends on if I can find a place to live. (If you or someone you know has recommendations for places recent college grads can live in NYC, please holler at me.)

My building. For now.

3. I’ve done a few touristy things, but I’ve been so busy with SPI that I haven’t really been able to do much exploration beyond what I did earlier this year.

Something cool, though, is that I have class in the building where Fantastic Beasts’ Niffler scene was shot. It’s called the Woolworth Building. 


I don’t get to go inside the part where it was filmed, but I can see it from empty classrooms. There are crying gargoyles in it. It’s kind of freaky.

Fearless girl and me. (And some other lady because it was super crowded.)

Alright, so that’s my quick update for ya’ll. If you want to hear more about my life in NYC, feel free to contact me here or on social media. I’m a semi-open book! ;)

2 comments:

  1. You have been busy! So many exciting things are happening in your life right now. Congrats on your Masters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And, yes, it's been super busy. XD

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!