Saturday, May 28, 2016

Stacking the Shelves: The Trade + Gift Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I didn’t buy a single book this week. Go me! Instead, I traded for some and ended up getting a graduation present. Yay!

Emblaze and Endless by Jessica Shirvington
Firewalker by Josephine Angelini
Draw the Line by Laurent Linn

And, I must say, I had never heard of Draw the Line before I saw it in Barnes & Noble, but when I read that description I was absolutely in love. I want to read it soooooo badly. It sounds right up my alley right now. I went into B&N with a plan to buy Ruined by Amy Tintera—or to have my older sister buy it for me as a graduation present—but once I saw this beauty, I couldn’t resist it.

As for the other three, I traded for them at my local used bookstore. And, can I just say, that was a very good day to stop in, because I’ve been wanting a copy of these for quite some time.

Okay, so here is where I kind of lied. I did end up spending some money on books. I traded with Vale over on Twitter, so I had to spend some moolah on shipping. She sent me the book pictured below for an ARC of Clockwork Angel that I had lying around.

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

I still haven’t read this book yet. How sad. I don’t even own the other two either. I’m making it a point to buy them though. I’m simply waiting for a good time when they’re on Book Outlet. ;)

What books have you bought/received lately?

8 comments:

  1. Firewalker has a pretty cover. You got some great books. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I kind of wish Firewalker's cover design stuck a little more with Trial by Fire's, but what's a book nerd to do...

      Delete
  2. I feel like I need to read Lola and the Boy Next Door but just haven't gotten around to it yet. You had a great haul this week! Enjoy!

    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by Stephanie Perkins either but I really want to! Great Haul! I hope you enjoy all of your books :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perkins' Anna book was cute, but I've heard Lola is better, so i want to give it a try.

      Delete
  4. I read Draw the Line a few weeks ago and really liked it! It was such a unique and awesome story! Happy reading!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it too. It was just the type of book I wanted. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!