Monday, May 30, 2016

It's Ogle the Bookcases Time: Bookshelf #1

It’s time to share my new bookshelf arrangement with you guys. :)

As I mentioned earlier, I mostly do these bookshelf posts in order to remind myself of what my bookcases actually look like with all of my pretties on them.

I know what you’re thinking, “Why don’t you know what your own bookshelves look like? Can’t you just go look at them in another room or something?”

Nope. I can’t. I’m a college student, so I live in a small apartment in a city that’s roughly 2.5 hours away from my parents’ house where my book collection started. That’s where a majority of my books reside now because they’re heavy and cumbersome to move. I only keep a select few unread books with me. Thus, the need to look at the pretties every once and a while through poorly photographed images.

So, over the next few weeks, I’ll be sharing some images of my new bookcase arrangement. I still managed to have too many books for 4.5 cases and it took me multiple days to even arrange the books in a way I’m somewhat satisfied with, but what’s a book hoarder to do?

Oh, and sorry for any blurry pics. I didn’t take a lot of care with my photography this time.

***


This is the first case. It was originally what I called my third case and was in the position of the larger bookcase between my desk and bed, but I switched it so I could put a smaller bookcase in the corner near my closet. (You’ll see the smaller case later on.)
 

On the top shelf I have my Meg Cabot books. I still need a few more to complete my collection, but it’s coming along nicely. ;)

The shelf below the Meg Cabot one holds some sci-fi/dystopian series that I didn’t really know where else to put them.

The next shelf down is a mix of fantasy and some sci-fi reads.

This one is of the more popular vampire books I own. I was hoping I could fit these on my shelf with my Twilight books, but, alas, there just wasn’t enough space.

Next, I have a mix of paranormal and fantasy books. Once again, they’re really just books I didn’t know what to do with or ones that I had some room for, so I shoved them in.

This last shelf contains books I don’t really love, but I own for reasons. However, the Narnia and ASoIaF boxsets are just where they are because there was room.

***

Okay, so there’s the first shelf. I hope you enjoyed getting a peek at some of my shelves.

Do you have any pics of your bookshelves up? If so, link them below so I can check them out. I love looking at pretty book collections.

4 comments:

  1. Awww I love how organised your bookcases are. i much prefer paperbacks from hardbacks so that makes my bookcases look less impressive haha.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how paperbacks take up less space (and are cheaper), but the hardcovers are soooo pretty.

      Delete
  2. I have wanted to check out the Vampire Academy series for so long. I really need to get on that!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like not having read at least the first VA book is some form of blasphemy in the blogging. Lol. If you did read them, I'm 90% sure you'd enjoy them. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!