Saturday, May 14, 2016

Stacking the Shelves: The Sooooooooooo Many Books Edition


"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

It’s been approximately three weeks since my last Stacking the Shelves. That doesn’t mean that I didn’t have books to make the post, I just was too busy to write up a StS. Guess what that means. So. Many. Books.

Because there are so many, I’m not going to include Goodreads links. That’s just too much effort.

One of the first books I got was a purchase from Book Outlet about a month ago. This is the Harry Potter: The Creature Vault book. Isn’t it beautiful?! I love the purple! I’ve been wanting to expand my Harry Potter book collection, so when this thing showed up on Book Outlet, I went for it.

After that purchase, I went to a library book sale. The first day I went, I got Kresley Cole’s A Hunger Like No Other and The Master, Rowling’s The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Jodi Meadow’s The Orphan Queen, Joelle Charbonneau’s The Testing trilogy, Justina Ireland’s Promise of Shadows, Maggie Hall’s The Conspiracy of Us, Taran Matharu’s The Novice, Brent Weeks’ Shadow’s Edge, and On the Hunt by four different romance authors.

I got all of these for $7.

The second time I went was the stuff-a-bag-for-$5 day. Or for $1 if it was the poor condition books. So, while I didn’t necessarily want all of these books, I had room in the bag for them. I ended up spending $6 on these.

I got Supernatural: Bone Key by Keith R.A. DeCandido, Ransom by Lois Duncan, Princess in Waiting by Meg Cabot, Arthur by Stephen R. Lawhead, Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella, Waiting for You by Susane Colasanti, Bzrk by Michael Grant, Devilish by Maureen Johnson, Cassandra’s French Finishing School for Boys by Eric Garcia, A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray, Vengeance Bound by Justina Ireland, Phoenix by Elizabeth Richards, Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward, Captive by A.D. Robertson, The Extraordinary Adventures of A.D. Knopp by Rick Yancey, The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton, Runaway by Meg Cabot, The Big Crunch by Pete Hautman, Narnia Explored by Paul A. Karkainen, On Dublin Street by Samantha Young, The Selection Stories by Kiera Cass, Hacking Harvard by Wasserman, and The Creed Legacy by Linda Lael Miller.

I purchased most of the rest of my books via online retailers or bookstores.

The first bunch is the I-had-to-buy-them-to-get-them-signed bunch.

For the Fierce Reads St. Louis event, I bought Marie Rutkoski’s The Winner’s Kiss, Emma Mills’ First & Then, and Cecilia Ahern’s Flawed. I also just added The Rose & the Dagger to my Amazon cart because why not?

Oh, and I won an ARC of Lindsey Klingele’s The Marked Girl from HarperTeen and Epic Reads. Thank you!

Because Bloomsbury was doing their ACOMAF promotion where you can get a free tote if you pre-order A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas, I went ahead and did that. I also pre-ordered a copy of Kiera Cass’ The Crown too.

The Square Root of Summer was bought for the Fierce Reads event.

Now this haul was a random freebie haul. Someone in one of the buildings on my campus had set out a box of free mythology-esque books. The box said that they were all free, so I grabbed three. I’m not sure if I’ll ever read these, but it’s nice to have them.

  And last, but not least, I have three books I got at the Fierce Reads event. Two I bought because I couldn’t pass up the GORGEOUS covers, and I was graciously given the third by someone at the event. (I never learned her name. Oops.)

I bought The Winner’s Curse and The Winner’s Crime in paperback, and an ARC of This Adventure Ends was given to me.

Whelp. Those are the books I got over the past weeks. Oh, and I also purchased an e-book of The Beast by J.R. Ward. I don’t normally share the e-books I get because I can’t remember them, but I managed to remember that one. Yay, progress!

What books have you bought/received lately?

10 comments:

  1. Awesome haul of books this week. I hope you love all of them. Your covers for The Winners Curse and The Winners Crime are different than mine.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I bought the paperbacks and the hardcovers to collect. I normally don't do that, but the paperbacks are sooo pretty. :)

      Delete
  2. I read Runaway when I was 13!!!! I'm 19 now so can't believe it's been so long!! Awesome haul you got there. Officially a new follower. :)
    Feel free to check out my blog when you have the time.

    Nobonita@Daydreaming Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't read Runway, but I have read the second book, Being Nikki. I love me some Meg Cabot. :)

      OH, and THANK YOU for following! XD

      Delete
  3. HOLY MOLY! Great haul. SO much there to read! I hope you enjoy them all! STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I can barely read what I already have, let along this lot. :)

      Delete
  4. You can never go wrong at a book sale - and you got some great deals! Happy reading!
    Bambi's StS and Recap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a true statement, I'll have to use it later. ;)

      Delete
  5. Library book sales are awesome. What a great haul for the amount of money you spent. Hope you love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It seems like I spent so much money, but I really didn't.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!