Sunday, May 22, 2016

Rearranging the Shelves

Okay, so I needed a quick post, and then I realized “Hey, you just rearranged your entire collection of books and bookshelves. You can share a snippet of that.” So, that’s what I’m going to do.

Here’s a sneak peek of the mess I made trying to do just that:


Over the following weeks, I’ll share some actual bookshelf pictures. These are mostly for myself, since I won’t remember what my shelves look like once I go back to college. With these updated pics, I can know for sure what my new shelf organization system looks like.

As I was rearranging though, I thought it was strange how it took me over three days to arrange my books on the shelves in a way I’m semi-satisfied with (I still need at least two more full-size bookshelves) while it used to only take me a few hours to completely take them off and redo them. I remember even being able to lay out every single one of my books on my bedroom floor. Now, I can barely do that with just one bookcase. I love owning 900-some books, but at the same time it can be a burden.

I own WAAAAY too many books now. This experience has made me very wary about what I'm going to do in the future when I have to move all of my books out of my parents' house. Oh well, I'll deal with that later…

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing the bookshelf pictures. The more books there are in a home, the happier the home is <3

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!