Saturday, August 3, 2024

Stacking the Shelves: The Unnecessary Things Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

It's a new month, which means a new 31 days of buying new, unnecessary things. Well, sometimes they're necessary. For my general happiness and state of mind. Ha ha. But other than buying stuff, it's been a relatively quiet week. It's just been going to work, the gym, and home to sleep. With one trip to the grocery store thrown in. And honestly, I'm okay with the simplicity after the past couple of crazy hectic weeks. Between my work deadline and my sister visiting, things just got to be too much for me there for a bit. I can only take so much excitement. Hee hee.


I hauled my fourth physical copy of Visions of Flesh and Blood today. This is the Indigo version. I've been holding out from buying it directly from Indigo, because I've heard bad things about the company owner, but I found this one on Mercari for a decent price. And boy did I snatch it up. It's super pretty in person too, and the embossed font/designs on the front are nice to stroke. Lol. 
 

Up next, I have my order from PrettygalPins. These are the cards for The Bridge Kingdom series. And boy, are they pretty. Jemlin, the artist, rarely misses when it comes to these character cards. Thankfully, Prettygal isn't selling a set I want anytime soon, so I can save some money. I bought like five decks in the space of a month recently, so I'm super relieved.
 

And this is really what I'd call an "unnecessary" order. I had just finished reading Iron Flame, and ATOMD shared a post featuring the Fourth Wing character/dragon shelfie standees. And at the time, I really wanted them. So I ordered them. Do I want them as much at this moment? Not really. The dragons are still really cool, though. I may just display those somewhere and put the people ones away. I also ordered an Orion and Darius one from Zodiac Academy, as theirs were going out of stock soon, and I think I might buy all of the ZA ones eventually. Though I'm not sure. Again, ATOMD shared someone's pics right after I'd finished the last ZA book, so it influenced me hardcore to purchase these. The ATOMD order also came with a free bonus print of Violet and her friend whose name I can't remember as well as a Manon and Abraxos magnet.
 

The last of the physical objects includes my preorder incentive prints from Amber V. Nicole for her book, The Dawn of the Cursed Queen, which is book three in the Gods & Monsters series. I haven't read book two yet, as I want to binge the entire seven-book series once it's complete, but I'm excited to get around to it eventually. Also, this artwork is pretty, but I definitely had to hide the steamy scene of the second print. Ha ha.


As for ebooks, I have eight ebooks with five freebies I got on another random freebie day. I don't think it was a Stuff Your Kindle day, but it might have been. I just saw one Facebook/Instagram post about six books that were available for free, so I downloaded most of them. After that, I didn't see anyone advertising any other freebies Those ebooks include Lady of Darkness by Melissa K. Roehrich, Unnatural Magic by Stacia Stark, Fallen Academy: Year One by Leia Stone, Curse of Shadows and Thorns by L.J. Andrews, and Avalon Tower by C.N. Crawford and Alex Rivers. I got Villain by Chani Lynn Feener and Silver & Gold by Katherine Diane via Kindle Unlimited. Silver & Gold is the book I'm currently reading. I'd also preordered The Love Archives short story book because it has a bonus scene from Cas's POV in it. This book is to raise money for Palestine, so of course I had to support and preorder it on Nook. I do plan to get the paperback version when it releases too. There are supposed to be four volumes since the book is so large, but I don't know if I'll order any of the others. I'll just donate instead, as I don't think I need the books taking up my shelf space, especially since I don't really know any of the other authors very well. Just FYI, in case anyone is curious, I think JLA's story is in the white one. 

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. OOh nice haul! Yeah I totally do the same with Stephanie Garber's books that you do with JLA's! So I get it! Lol. Glad you were able to snag a good copy! I don't think I've shopped Indigo books myself. Not to my knowledge since Indigo and B&N editions are usually the same. So figure, save on shipping this way! Lol.

    Nice artwork too I've yet to buy a set of cards from PrettygalPins. Not for lack of trying. Well, kinda I guess. I just haven't seen a deck I've wanted. Most series she does are new to me ones and others are ones I was just meh (series enjoyment wise) over. I liked it but didn't love it! I would've bought the JLA set if the Lux series was included, but I think there's issues around doing art for that from the murmurings that I've heard. But that was awhile ago at least!

    Hope you enjoy all the new freebie reads too! All new to me ones. Happy Reading!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!