Tuesday, July 30, 2024

2024 Summer Unhaul Part Three

I have added more books to the summer unhaul. And these books are already gone, so there's no turning back now. It was 36 total books that I sold for a measly $20 on Facebook Marketplace. But, like I've been saying, it's more about getting them out of my house and getting a little bit of money out of them than keeping them around to gather dust while waiting to get decent prices. So yeah, here's part three of the summer 2024 unhaul.


The thing about most of the books in this picture is that they've been living at my parents' house in a stagnant room or traveling around with me to various apartments or bought from a used bookstore, so they just got kind of old over time. I decided it'd be better to buy new copies for the ones I want to replace than to keep older copies that have potential to get real icky mingling on my shelves with the nicer books. So some of the older copies include The 5th Wave and The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey, Child of a Mad God and Reckoning of a Fallen God by R.A. Salvatore, Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead (this was a pretty yellowed book from a used bookstore, so I'd like to get a nicer version someday), The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, Ghost Beach by R.L. Stine, Call of the Wild and White Fang bindup by Jack London, and Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning (this was a beat up copy I got from a used bookstore. I already have the ebook, so it seemed silly to keep this).
 
Ones that kind of got older that weren't in terrible shape, but I might get new copies of anyway include the Crown of Shards trilogy by Jennifer Estep and the Avalon High: Coronation graphic novels by Meg Cabot. I also got rid of two more recent additions that I read a couple of months ago: We Could Be So Good ARC and We Should Be So Lucky by Cat Sebastian. These were decent reads, I just didn't want to keep them, especially since the first book was an ARC, not a finished copy. I'll probably just read any sequels via ebook from now on. And then I got rid of a Buffy TV show coffee table book. It's cute, but kind of pointless to own. I also got rid of another ApollyCon freebie. I think the author's name was Mallory...? It's such a thin book and the author's name isn't on the spine, so I don't know for sure. 
 

Next up, I have more in that "they were getting old and icky, so I want to replace them" category. My Narnia boxset, with a few extra copies, and my copies of The Great Tree of Avalon trilogy by T.A. Barron. I've had these since I was a kid, and they just smelled old and had yellowing pages. I'll replace them, for sure. I'm just not sure when. I also threw in some goodies with the sale. A lot of extra book box prints, pins, trinket dishes, this Monsters of Verity puzzle. I got a lot of random crap out of my house. Woohoo!


This is the last stack from the sale. It's FairyLoot editions that aren't really worth much on the resale market. They include Fire with Fire by Destiny Soria, The Bright and the Pale by Jessica Rubinkowski, Star Daughter by Shveta Thakrar, and Violet Made of Thorns by Gina Chen. I read The Bright and the Pale a year or so ago, and it was fine. Nothing special, just another YA fantasy. The artwork in the edition was gorgeous, though. I just couldn't justify keeping it when I don't have book two of the FairyLoot edition and don't care enough to acquire it. I also have the Owlcrate versions of Violet Made of Thorns and Star Daughter, and I kept those instead of the FairyLoot copies.

  Okay, well, that's all. I believe that's the end of the unhauls for the next few months at least. I might have more in the fall/winter months. We shall see...

***

Have you unhauled any books recently? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!