Tuesday, July 16, 2024

2024 Summer Unhaul Part Two

I got rid of more books. And good lord is it the most bittersweet thing ever. I love books, and I wish I could keep all of them, but it just comes down to space and effort. If I ever move again, I don't want to haul around books that I don't care as much about. I also can't maintain all of them. Dusting, checking to make sure they're okay, etc. It's all just a lot. So I'm cutting back on my collection, and I plan to read books via ebook or the library before I purchase them as much as I can. Especially until I can get all of my shelves organized, which is looking like it won't be done until winter at this rate. I'm very slow and lazy. Sigh.
 
Anywho, here's Part Two of a gigantic unhaul. It's 73 books in total that I either sold for $25 through Facebook Marketplace or am giving away to my sister. The sold books have a low price because these weren't in the greatest of conditions. Plus, I just really didn't care by this point and wanted to sell as many as possible to get them out of my hair.


So here is the first part of the second unhaul. It's 23 books. Starting with the larger tomes, I got rid of seven books in The Mortal Instruments/The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare (Clockwork Princess not pictured and wasn't sold in this sale, but it is gone). They were just older, and I didn't want to keep them anymore now that I have the paperbacks. The hardcover Harry Potter 3-5 books have pretty much the same reasoning, along with The Host by Stephanie Meyer paperback. I'd also like to get a nicer edition of this some day. King of Scars was a terrible book, so I got rid of that and Rule of Wolves (not pictured, and neither were sold in this sale). As for The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton, City of Lies by Sam Hawke, and the Dust Lands trilogy by Moira Young, I've just had them for too long and I haven't read them, so buh-bye. Prom Nights from Hell, the Trylle trilogy by Amanda Hocking, and Catch a Mate and Red Handed by Gena Showalter are more older books that I either don't want anymore/need to get new versions of because the old copies are kind of icky looking. 
 

Next up, I have 41 books that are either books I've read that I just don't want anymore or ones I haven't read and likely never will. The ones I've read include 11+ books in the Bailey School Kids series (which was sad to get rid of, but they're old and just collecting dust on my shelves. I'm not going to have kids or reread them, so they're just pointless here); Last Kiss Goodnight by Gena Showalter; Runebinder by Alex R. Kahler; Promise of Shadows by Justine Ireland; A Dark Divine trilogy by Bree Despain; The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima (only one is pictured and counted in this unhaul, but I'll likely be getting rid of the other two as well because I got them used and I'd like to get nicer copies); Everless by Sara Holland (signed and personalized, sadly, but I don't remember much about this book); Vampire Mine by Kerrelyn Sparks; Winter's Orbit ARC by Everina Maxwell; Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls (old, I'll try to get a new copy one day); Goosebumps: The Haunted Mask by R.L. Stine (same); Unraveling and Unbreakable by Elizabeth Norris (enjoyed these back in the day, but it's time to let go); The Pleasure Slave by Gena Showalter (I don't remember anything about this, and I'm only keeping select Gena books now); A Deal with the Elf King Bookish Box edition by Elise Kova (I would've sold this for more money, but I forgot it was in the photo. Oops.); Pivot Point and Split Second by Kasie West; Tempest, Vortex, and Timestorm by Julie Cross (another sad one, but it's time).
 
Now, I also got rid of a signed ARC of Boundless by Cynthia Hand, just because I don't keep ARCs that look identical to their final copies. And there are eight books I got rid of that I haven't read yet: The Magic of Recluce by L.E. Modesitt, Jr., Legacy of Kings ARC by Eleanor Herman, The Young Elites and The Rose Society by Marie Lu, Reign the Earth by A.C. Gaughen, The Way of Shadows and The Shadow's Edge by Brent Weeks; and Book of Night by Holly Black Owlcrate edition (have two copies and I haven't heard great things, so I likely don't even need the other one I have).

This is a stack of books that's going to my sister. There are nine book in total. They're not gone yet, but they will be in a couple of weeks. The stack includes three of the illustrated Harry Potter books, an HP Creatures Vault book, The Wizard of Oz kids edition, and the DC character book UK editions. I have Superman: Dawnbreaker, Wonder Woman: Warbringer, Catwoman: Soulstealer, and Batman: Nightwalker. I think I'll ask for the DC books back if my sister ever gets rid of them, but I still haven't read them yet, so I figured I'd pass them along for now.



  Okay, well, that's all. I'll probably have another smaller unhaul again before the summer is over. Maybe even in the next couple of weeks. I'm also planning to get rid of some FairyLoot books too, and that's a strenuous process of packing and shipping, so... Yay.

***

Have you unhauled any books recently? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!