Saturday, July 27, 2024

Stacking the Shelves: The Retail Therapy Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Man, it's been a rough week. I have a deadline Friday, so work has been awful. And then this past weekend I find out that there's not one but two special super limited PR ARC editions of the new JLA book, Born of Blood and Ash, and honestly, I'm devastated. I never thought JLA or her team would do this to the fans. She always sells her special editions later on on her shop. There's no way in heck I'll be able to get my hands on either of the copies, and it seriously sucks as a long-time fan and collector. It's actually kind of made me feel sick. Weird, I  know, but collecting her books is my major hobby.


In more positive news, I have some books to share. I've been buying a lot to give myself some retail therapy. I've actually been ordering way too much and have a couple of things to order this weekend that are going to cost sooo much. I bought the new edition of the first Zodiac Academy book from Walmart on a whim, and my preorder of Deity by JLA arrived from Barnes & Noble. The monthly FairyLoot book, The Wren in the Holly Library by K.A. Linde, arrived. I can't remember if it's the Romantasy or Adult sub book. I also got my FairyLoot preorder of The Hemlock Queen by Hannah Whitten. And happily, The Bookish Box restocked their extras of Untamed by Lillian T. James, and I was able to get a copy after like eight months of looking for one on the resale market that wasn't being sold with the first book, which I already have. 
 

Up next, I have an extra copy of A Fire in the Flesh I bought since there are two dust jacket sets releasing soon for the series. It's time to start buying more used copies of the books so I can display all of the pretty artwork. At least the ASITE series is shorter than FBAA, so it'll be a wee bit less expensive.
 

And for the last of the physical stuff, I have my Ned Stark on the Iron Throne Funko Pop that I bought on a whim since it was only $17 on B&N. I also ordered the Rhaenyra Targaryen and Syrax Pop. I've been wanting it since it first released, but I put off buying it. Now that another House of the Dragon Pop went out of stock, I decided I shouldn't wait anymore.

As for ebooks, I have three I downloaded from Kindle Unlimited. They're all part of Lily Mayne's Monstrous series, which I started last year. There's Wyn, Lor, and a short story collection. I'm actually almost finished with Wyn, and it's surprising how easy it was to pop right back into this world. I honestly think I needed a familiar series to read while my life has been so icky. It was comforting in a way. 

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh nice! I totally get it with the JLA box. It sucks. I've only recently realized she doesn't follow me on Instagram after all this time so every time I work my butt off on a post featuring her books, I can't even tag her! It seriously sucks. Let alone not ever being able to snag a ticket to Apollycon as the last few times I did get to see her at I think NOLA Storycon and the one and done Origin Event, she remembered me from the RT con days, so yeah, it sucks. I didn't even notice that it was a special edition book that everyone was getting. I guess mostly because I was also just scrolling really fast away from it. I am so behind in that series. I wish I could read faster!

    Nice new reads too! Mostly familiar looking titles for me this time around! I hope you enjoy each and every one of them!


    Here's my StS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!