Saturday, August 10, 2024

Stacking the Shelves: The Ruthless Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, I spent more money this week. Are we surprised? No. Are we disappointed? Financially, yes. Mentally, no. Ha ha. I think book buying is all that's keeping me together right now. Life has just been kind of meh lately. I'm taking some days off in a couple of weeks, though, and Labor Day weekend is coming up, so I think I'll get some pep back in my step soon. I just have to get through this slump. The good news is I'm reading a book I like, which is nice. Before, I was picking stuff up just to immediately put it down 10 pages in.


But on to this week's haul. First up, I have the July Adult FairyLoot book, The Night Ends With Fire by K.X. Song. It's really pretty, but I know nothing about this book. And I only got it in early August because it was delivered to my parents' house and they kept forgetting to bring it to me when they visited. I still haven't changed my shipping address for FairyLoot. And with the ant problem on my front doorstep, I probably won't anytime soon.

Up next, I have the most expensive part of this week's haul. I randomly decided to purchase the entire Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac series in the newer covers all at once as well as the fourth book in the Darkmore Penitentiary series. I was originally just going to purchase The Love Archives Vol. III on Amazon because it has an FBAA JLA story, but I decided I might as well order all of the Ruthless Boys books I need to get it over with. Plus, my free trial of Prime was ending. Unfortunately, one of the books, #3, Vicious Fae, is about a quarter of an inch shorter than the others, so I asked for a replacement. I'm hoping the copy I got was a one-off, but it probably isn't, which means I'll have to wait a while to reorder until this defective batch is gone. The others all look great, though. 

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Oh I hate when book heights don't match! It's bad enough when it's due to uncontrollable things like a publishing change or cover change or some such thing. But when it's just something totally random like that, it would drive me nuts too! I don't know how I ended up convincing myself to let the series that started out as paperback then merged into hardcovers go. I know they republished those books as hardcovers, but I told myself, don't go down that route! Lol. Plus, I like having my OG editions, shows how long I've been a fan!

    Hope you enjoy all of your new reads!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!