Saturday, June 22, 2024

Stacking the Shelves: The Overstuffed Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Another week of June bites the dust. It's crazy how fast this year is going by. Life is still chugging along. Nothing too exciting here, except I've completely destroyed my house while going through all of my bookshelves. It's chaos. There are books on the floor, books in boxes on the floor, books in plastic bins on the floor, books on closet racks, and books in closets. I hate it. Why did I do this to myself? But, it had to be done. I need to get rid of a lot of these because I can't handle the upkeep for books that aren't worth my time/energy.


As for books I added to my shelves this week, I have the ApollyCon editions I ordered during JLA's virtual signing. The only one I truly needed was The Crown of Gilded Bones, but I ordered A Fire in the Flesh, just in case the copy I got at ApollyCon was messed up. Now, I have two copies. Will I get rid of either of them? Nope. I don't get rid of duplicates of the FBAA/ASITE titles because I have a problem.


Up next, I have a book I ordered on a whim from Owlcrate. Because I have no self control. Owlcrate announced their edition of The Ashes and the Star-Cursed King, the sequel to The Serpent and the Wings of Night, and, even though I don't have book one, I ordered book two from them. Silly, me. I haven't even read this series yet, and I also have the FairyLoot copies on the way too.


 And next, we have a mess of epic proportions. It was Stuff Your Kindle Day on Thursday, so I downloaded way too many free ebooks. Some of which I'm unlikely to ever read. Again, no self control. Here's what all I got: Bewitched by Laura Thalassa, The Ever King by L.J. Andrews, Bite of Loyalty by R.L. Caulder, Chosen by Villains by Eva Chase, The Dagger and the Forbidden Heir by Emilia Jae, Academy of Protectors by Gray Holdborn, House of Striking Oaths by Olivia Wildenstein, The Dragon's Gift by Jasmine Walt, Crown of Earth and Sky by Emberly Ash, Night Elves of Ardani by Nina K. Westra, Stroke the Flame by Elizabeth Briggs, City of Thorns by C.N. Crawford (cont. below).
 

I also got Amethyst Dragon by Eileen Mueller, Burning by Tamar Sloan, Brutal Titan by E.V. Olsen, Dragonrider by S. Rodman, Death Eternal by Richard Amos, The Omega Problem Part One by Elizabeth Dunlap, From Frost to Flame by Viola Vines, The Silence Lies by Sophie Dyer, Forbidden Magic by Anya J. Cosgrove, Lantern by Charlie Godwyne, Bad Boy by Joe Satoria, and A Knife and a Blade by Adelaide Blaike..

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!