Saturday, June 15, 2024

Stacking the Shelves: The Deadly Books Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, it's been a week. I took off on Monday to travel two hours one-way to the bookstore I used to frequent in my previous city. The goal was to take a bunch of books from my parents' house and sell them (unhaul post coming soon, once I actually get rid of the rest of the books). Unfortunately, the bookstore didn't take that many, so it was kind of a waste of time in that regard. I did end up picking up a cool book at Barnes & Noble, though. So that made the trip worth it. Now, I just need to make sure I don't give in and keep the books I planned to get rid of. I must be strong. I'll sell them on FB Marketplace once I have the time and energy. I've been moving a lot of books lately and neglecting the condition of my house, which needs major cleaning, so that's this weekend's priority.


First up, I have the last of the Zodiac Academy books I needed to complete my collection. I got the first, seventh, and eighth books, as well as the bindup of Live and Let Lionel. It's just a bunch of short stories set in the ZA world. I ordered these off of Barnes & Noble, so they all came in great condition. There were very expensive though, which makes sense, considering I could probably k*ll someone with the seventh and eighth books. I mean, look at the size of those things! They're ginormous!


Up next, I have more JLA stuff. Surprise, surprise. My German Chest of Fandom's edition of A Soul of Ash and Blood came in this week, and it has Kieran artwork on the inside! KIERAN! Gah! It's amazing! I'd take a pic of it, but I'm lazy. I also ordered this FBAA dagger from The Bookish Box. It's a lot smaller than I thought it'd be, but it's still cute. I think this is my fifth replica of Poppy's dagger. Wow. I have problems.


 And lastly for the books, I have my replacement Stone Cold Touch edition from FairyLoot and the book I got on my trip to B&N. The replacement book isn't damaged like the first one was, but it still has a weird lump in the front dustjacket, almost like someone didn't fold it right or stretched it. I figure I can squish it back into place with a couple of heavy books though. The book I got at B&N was the new cover for Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat. I saw these posted in a FB group, and I guess they don't show up online, so the only way to get them is to see if they're in the store. Thankfully, B&N had one, so my entire trip wasn't a waste. I don't get to go to B&N very often anymore, simply because I live farther away and I'm lazy, so I'll have to hunt for the sequels later. Hopefully, they find their way online at some point, though.
 

I almost forgot about this. I ordered the recent FairyLoot secret book from Mercari. Someone was selling it for like $7, so I went for it. I think I'm going to try to get all four of the second set. I have three from the first set. I just wasn't too thrilled with the red and green of this second set. The first set with the purple theme was more my speed. But the last two they did in the second set, this one and the purple one, made me want all of them. The seller did include a free glasses case with this order, which I wasn't too happy about. I don't need junk. I'm trying to get rid of a bunch of stuff right now. I don't wear glasses, so I guess it will either go to my mom or Goodwill.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Oooh very nice haul! A shame that your bookstore didn't take too many books from you. I had that happen when I was trying to sell a bunch of designer brand purses. I went to two stores and each one just bought 1! I was like wtfreak?! I had a few Coach, a Marc Jacobs, some Fossil. Not major high end, but still good brands and they were of style that is timeless so it's not trendy. I guess that's why they ended up saying no to all of them. Those were heavy too! I ended up donating the rest because I was just fed up! I do have a stack of books I keep meaning to try to sell. I thought I'd try doing it on Pango Books or something as the store I usually sell to takes a hefty cut, which I get. But when some are special editions I feel like I ought to get a little more for them. So yeah, I just need to get my butt into gear and open an account and load up dozens of photos. But so tiring.

    Ooh the secret book boxes! Those were one of the things I thought FL did right with when it came to all their "stuff." That and the tarot cards were cool. I have the whole first deck but then switched to book only to save $$. I actually keep my tarot deck in one of those boxes. Then another one holds my bookish coins! Lol.

    Your Poppy blade is super cute though! I thought about buying that one but after buying the JLA shop one I felt like I had enough as I have an Illumicrate one too. I do like the fancy blade look though. I just bought a Kingdom of the Wicked one from Lit Joy Crate that is super cool! I just wish someone would do a really nice one of Jacks' blade from OUABH! I've got 2 letter opener style ones and another one from a different shop where it's more polymer clay type material. But yeah, hoping maybe Lit Joy Crate could add a nice one to their Caraval collection one day!

    Your one new book is new to me too! But I'm glad you were able to find the one you wanted to make the long drive worth it! And yay for completing your ZA collection too! That's always a relief when cover changes happen and they are more blah than dazzling!

    Hope you enjoy all of your new reads and goodies!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about buying that KotW dagger. I haven't yet. I need to finish the series first. But I might give in and buy it. 🙃

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!