Saturday, September 30, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Surprise ARC Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I know, I said I wouldn't have a post go up while I'm on my trip, but I had so much stuff arrive Sunday and Monday that I didn't want everything to pile up while I'm gone. So, here's my book haul for the beginning of the week. It's crazy.


So this just happened... I don't know how or why, but somehow, someway, I was blessed with an unsolicited ARC of Cassandra Clare's Sword Catcher. I won't be able to get to it before it releases, unfortunately, since I'll be on vacation, but I look forward to reading it once I get back. I was super excited to see the gold packaging when my parents' brought it to me. I had no idea it was coming. Thanks, Penguin Random House/Del Rey!


And next up is my FairyLoot order for Andrea Stewart's Drowning Empire series. I really liked this series, so I thought I'd get the pretty FairyLoot editions, especially since right now, I have the first book in hardcover, the second book in paperback, and the third as an ARC. It will be nice to have a lovely matching set. Now I just have to decide what I want to do with my other copies.


Next, I have some prints I ordered from VKelleyArt on Etsy. I ordered the Boyfriend Material and A Marvellous Light prints and asked the artist if she had any Red, White, and Royal Blue stock left over, as she couldn't sell RWRB merch but she could give it away in other orders. While I do enjoy Boyfriend Material and A Marvellous Light, RWRB is 100% the reason I made this order, and the print and two stickers I got are awesome! I really wanted the movie poster version, so I'm glad I got that.


And finally for physical items, I have my Reading Portal A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire/The Crown of Gilded Bones prints. I'm very excited for these. They look great! Have I figured out what to do with any of the other ones I have already? Absolutely not! Will I continue purchasing prints of FBAA books for the rest of my life? Probably. Ugh. I have a problem. Ha ha.


 As for ebooks, I have two I downloaded from Kindle Unlimited. The first is Devil's Dance by Garrett Leigh, which I'm almost done reading. It's an MMM motorcycle club romance. And the second is Echo by Chani Lynn Feener. I haven't started this one. It was an impulse download.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. OOh very nice! I was surprised when I saw this post since I knew you were going on your trip! But this is an amazing haul! Lots of lovely art! I struggle to find places for all the art I collect as well! For the most part they end up in photo albums! Lol!

    Hope you enjoy all of your new reads!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!