Saturday, September 16, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Salty Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, we're already halfway through September. Yeesh. It's going by way too fast. I need at least another week to get all of my work done and prep for my trip. Right now, all of my stuff is sitting on the living room floor in my suitcases waiting to be packed. It's a very large, chaotic, and stress-inducing mess.


As for books, I had a couple of orders arrive to my parents' house last week, and they brought them to me on Monday when we had dinner together. The first one was FairyLoot's Fourth Wing edition. I'm not overly impressed with this version. While the gold foiling is nice, the regular hardback is fine too. I may end up selling one of them at some point. I didn't love the book enough to own two copies. But, I might wait until I read book two to decide for sure. My Russian edition of AKOFAF also arrived. It's so pretty! And the artwork inside is gorgeous! I can't wait to have all of the series in these editions, though my bank account won't be happy.


 As for ebooks, I purchased Sierra Simone's Salt Kiss on Kindle with the help of some Kindle credits. And, let me tell you, I devoured this book in a single night. It was addicting. I can't believe I have to wait until June of 2024 for book two. And the narrator is changing for book two! UGH! I hate that so much. I guess the months of waiting will give me time to get used to the idea. Boo... I also downloaded Gravity by Tal Bauer and The Tragedy of Felix and Jake by J. Daniels on Kindle Unlimited. Well, technically, I downloaded TTOFAJ a couple of weeks ago. I just forgot to add it to a previous StS post. I've read both of these, though, so that's exciting.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I hadn't read Fourth Wing at the time of FL's first sale, so I couldn't convince myself to buy the edition. Missed that bloodbath but I might give it a try in the second print run. We'll see. I liked it, it was a fun read. Although I do find myself questioning if I need to collect multiples of this book? Not to the point of my Stephanie Garber collection, that's for sure, but maybe a little more? Eh. We'll see! Lol. The Russian FBAA is gorgeous! They do amazing work! My Russian Caraval copy is one of my all time faves!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't think I can justify multiples unless the series gets amazing in the sequels

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!