Saturday, September 2, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The August Adult FairyLoot Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Three-day weekend, baby! Woohoo! I'm not doing anything particularly exciting, though. I just plan on  a bit of cleaning and some packing prep for my upcoming trip. I can't believe I have less than 30 days until I leave the country. Wow. And of course, as always is the case when you plan to go on vacation, work is getting more stressful with more deadlines. Why couldn't there be nothing going on in September/October like there was in July/August?! Rude.


As for books, I only have one physical copy to share this week, just like last week. This one is the August Adult FairyLoot book, Forged in Blood by Ehigbor Okosun. The book doesn't look bad. I'll probably give it a try, but honestly, FairyLoot needs to strengthen their selections. Also, their designs are getting kind of repetitive, unfortunately. I do think October and November will make for some awesome picks, though, so yay for that!

 As for ebooks, I also only have one this week. It's a Kindle Unlimited copy of Bro and the Beast 5 by L.C. Davis. It's a series of short novellas/serials that all add up to one story. I finished this one, so I think the series is over now. It was decent, but I the ending could have been better. It was a bit too abrupt.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Oh nice! Yeah I cancelled my Adult FL subscription, I still have the YA as I've been liking more of those picks than the adult one. I had high hopes for their September/October pick but they didn't go in the "spookier" direction like I had hoped so I decided it was time.

    I do hope you enjoy your new reads and have a great time on your vacation!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!