Saturday, August 26, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Blackwell's Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, it's been a week. I actually had a birthday. My 30th. Yikes. Honestly, I don't feel much different, and I didn't expect to. I definitely still feel like a young adult who has no idea what they're doing in life. I'll probably feel that way until I'm retired, if I ever get to retire. Haha (*cries*). I didn't get anything super exciting this year besides some flowers, snacks, and a teddy bear. Oh, and some cash from my parents. I wanted to do something like that TikTok video where someone buys you 30 books for your 30th birthday, but my family wasn't having it. Lol. I did end up spending a lot of money on myself for books and such this month, even plane tickets to Disney next year, but not a lot arrived the actual week of my birthday, so no major fun things to open right now. Though my Adult FairyLoot box did deliver to my parents' house, and they just forgot to bring it when they visited. So sad.


As for books, I only have one physical copy to share this week. It's my first ever order from Blackwell's, which sells UK copies and has free shipping to the US! I'm so happy this site was shared online somewhere. Waterstones' shipping is ridiculous, so having free shipping on UK books is fantastic! I ordered Tara Sim's The Midnight Kingdom, and it arrived in great condition compared to Waterstones' iffy overseas shipping, and only three days past the release date. Amazing!


 As for ebooks, I actually had a lot. I've been downloading a bunch of stuff on Kindle Unlimited lately that I've been immediately returning or abandoning as they're just not what I want right now. I have two that I downloaded and read earlier in the week, Crossing Acheron by H.G. Birde and Shiver by Crea Reitan, but since then, I've been floundering. I've been in a post-Red, White and Royal Blue movie slump. I just want more Henry and Alex on my screen or a similar story on my Kindle, but it's so hard to find anything that fits my specific interests. Crossing Acheron, though, was great! It was part of my vampire-addiction reading phase that I'm also currently going through. Reading tastes are weird. Lol.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh nice! Good to hear that Blackwells had such speedy shipping! I guess I've been mostly lucky with Waterstones in terms of condition wise as my books have come in pretty tight cardboard wrappers, much like B&N uses and everything has been fine. The one issue I had which I guess I should've complained more but didn't because I know the book sold out, one of my signed editions of The Ballad of Never After was actually unsigned. It had the page Stephanie should've signed along with the "regular" title page and neither was signed. I was like ooookay...but since I was in a trading group for the hidden covers and that one was a duplicate I traded it with the forewarning about it. I felt terrible too as I thought it was signed, right up until I was giving them a photo for proof. Luckily, they were in it for the covers too so they were okay with it.

    I have placed two orders with them now, preorders, so I'm glad that shipping was fast as one I really hope to maybe read before I begin my re-read of Stephanie's books in October and the book releases mid September. So if I time it right, it's doable! Lol!

    Glad you had a nice birthday! And yay for Disney! I keep wanting to plan a trip again, but the prices are just sooo much higher than they were preCovid! I went in 2018 last and had a blast, but that was probably legit the last year they had all their benefits like airport transportation, FastPass, all the good things they no longer provide. I keep waiting to see if they bring that stuff back but it seems they are content with paid fast passes at ridiculous rates and absolutely no complimentary airport shuttles. All that just means I need to save more including the increased prices that are typical "over time." Sigh...I wish I could win the lottery! Even a few 100Ks would be helpful! A million tops! Lol!

    Hope you enjoy the new read!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!