Saturday, August 12, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The JLA Cards Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Nothing crazy happened this week. It was actually pretty chill. The only major thing was that my parents dropped off all of my packages. And boy, there were a lot of them. Otherwise, it's just been the same ol' same ol'. I guess I did get my bookcases arranged the way I want and clean my house a bit, but those are pretty meh tasks. I am excited for this weekend, though. I just need to sleep for like 80 years.


First up is part one of the many preorders that were delivered to my parents' house. I ordered the FairyLoot editions of The Last Hours trilogy by Cassandra Clare. I haven't read this installment in the series yet, or the Dark Artifices, but I always thought the editions were pretty. And wow, they look great in person. However, FairyLoot recently announced The Mortal Instruments will also get editions like these, and I just don't think I can justify paying for extra copies of all the Shadowhunters books, since it's not a series I love. I like elements of it, but not enough to spend a bunch of money. So, I'm going to finish reading Chain of Gold (I'm about 20% in right now), and then I'll decide if I want to sell these books or keep them. And, if I keep them, I may just buy The Infernal Devices trilogy to match and forget about the modern Shadowhunters stories when it comes to these editions.
 

And here is part two of the preorders. Two were from Barnes & Noble, and the order included their edition of Light Bringer by Pierce Brown and an extra copy of their exclusive edition of A Soul of Ash and Blood. My Indigo preorder of ASOAAB also came in. Yay! Obviously, I've already read ASOAAB, but I don't think I'll be reading Light Bringer any time soon. I loved the original Red Rising trilogy, but I'm going to wait until all the "spinoff" books release before I re-read the first trilogy and then binge read the last four books once they're all out. Pierce Brown's cliffhangers are pretty brutal, so waiting for Red God to release could destroy me if I picked all the books up right now.


Next, I have more preorders. My order of the Bookish Box Cupidity Omnibus by Raven Kennedy arrived. It showed up with no tracking or shipping email to let me know it was coming. Actually, the only reason I was aware of it was because I have Informed Delivery for my parents' house, and it said there was a package shipping from Arizona. Oh well, at least it got here. And it's gorgeous! And thick! My FairyLoot preorder of The Iron Vow by Julie Kagawa also arrived. I think this is the last one in the new spinoff/sequel series. All that's left is for FairyLoot to do the Call of the Forgotten trilogy and The Iron Legends bindup. I just need FairyLoot to wait until next year to do them. They're dropping so many sales lately, and my wallet is hurting. I'm having to skip stuff I would have been interested in if they'd just slow down.

And this is my favorite item for the week. My PrettygalPins JLA World tarot card deck arrived! Look at these beauties! It features every couple in JLA's paranormal books except for the Lux characters. Entangled has the rights to those characters still, I believe. Boo. But OMG they're all so beautiful! I actually think my favorite is Alex from the Covenant books. She looks so badass. But Roth is also a big one! After all, he's my favorite JLA character after Kieran Contou, with Daemon a close third. I have to decide how I'm going to display these things, as I want all of them to have shelf space, but I only have so much room. Ugh. The dilemma.

 As for ebooks, I have three. Two are from Kindle Unlimited: Crossing Acheron by H.G. Birde and Caught Stealing by C.E. Ricci. I'm actually almost finished with Caught Stealing. I'm about 65% in. It's a MM sports/college romance. The other book is one I randomly saw on some social media platform that I can't remember now, and it sounded really good. The last ebook for this week is a NetGalley review copy of The Fractured Dark by Megan E. O'Keefe, which is the sequel to The Blighted Stars, a sci-fi book I read and reviewed a couple of months ago.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh very nice! It's always fun to get a big load of packages! Lol! I've been noticing my informed deliveries for FedEx and UPS haven't been working as well as USPS and I can't figure out why. It drives me nuts when suddenly something from one of them arrives and I was like where was my notification!

    I had debated about this tarot deck of JLA characters from PrettygalPins but I guess ultimately, I thought if it's not including the Lux gang, I couldn't justify it! But I still love her books even if I'm forever behind in them! Lol.

    Hope you enjoy all of your new reads!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I haven't read the last three Titan books yet. Or the Lux additional books like from Dameon's POV and the Arum book. Or the Summer Wicked novella series. Ugh. So behind.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!