Saturday, September 9, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The RWRB Obsession Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

OMG am I glad it's the weekend. I had a day-long online workshop thing to watch at work on Friday, and I am just not used to sitting on webinars for that long. I could never go back to high school and sit through a whole day of classes. Yikes. Also, I need to get a lot of errands and cleaning done this weekend, so I hope I have the energy to do that. We shall see...


As for books, I made a random Barnes & Noble order towards the end of August that arrived earlier this week. I made the order for two main reasons: 1) I'm obsessed with the new Red, White, and Royal Blue movie on Prime, so I wanted to get the movie tie-in edition because look at those handsome gentlemen. They were so cute! The movie also made me realize how painfully single I am. And that's coming from someone who doesn't really like other people all up in my space. Lol. 2) B&N was having a sale on certain books, and Freya Marske's A Restless Truth was half off. I got the hardcover for $14, I believe. And, in order to get free shipping, I added Captive by Jex Lane to my order. I can't wait to get books two and three soon as well. This series was one of my favorite Kindle Unlimited reads last year, and I desperately want physical copies.

 As for ebooks, I purchased K.J. Charles's Slippery Creatures on Kindle using some reward balances for selecting longer shipping times on my Amazon orders. I also downloaded A Knife and a Blade by Adelaide Blaike on KU. I actually think I downloaded it a week ago, but I was DNFing so many KU books during that time that I only shared the ones I actually knew I'd read in my last StS. This one is still in my Kindle app after the purge, so maybe I'll read it one day.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, online webinars or even meetings that last soooo very looooong are a pain to get through. I am definitely not missing the days of going to classes. I just could never sit through them again. Plus just trying to balance school, work, and my own reading! Lol.

    Oh nice! These are some new to me ones but I hope you end up enjoying them all!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!