Saturday, October 14, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Return Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, I'm back in the US, which sadly means I went back to work this week. Boo... But I had fun on a 10-day trip around Iceland (the whole vacation was a little longer, but it's hard to count the travel days since those are just spent in airports and on the road). My friends and I hiked a glacier, explored a lava tunnel, and spent a lot of money on food and activities. I might share some pics later, but for now, on to the books.


My Barnes & Noble edition of The Scarlet Veil by Shelby Mahurin arrived when I was about three days into my Iceland trip, so I had my sister come get it. Or, well, she was supposed to. Turns out, she forgot about it and didn't tell me until I got back that she only picked it up when she picked up another package for me later on. I'm just glad it didn't rain since it was left on the front porch that whole time. And, after driving four hours from my friend's place at four a.m., I also stopped by my local Walmart to check if they had the new FBAA edition. They did! Success! It was the last one there. Whew! I was so upset that JLA announced this edition's release the day before I left on my vacation, but everything worked out. Thank goodness.


And next up is the other package I had my sister pick up for me, the Fall of Ruin and Wrath JLA Shop box. It came with a blanket, shirt, mug, some prints and character cards, a reading light, sticky tabs, a standee, and a necklace. Overall, I'm happy with the contents. I didn't buy the A Fire in the Flesh box though, I just don't love the F&F series as much as the B&A one, so I couldn't justify spending the money right before my trip. Hopefully if there's anything cool I miss out on, it's available later.


And lastly for physical books, I have my big Iceland souvenir, other than rocks, chocolate bars, and a shirt. I got this very pretty illustrated fairy book from a Christmas store on Reykjavik's Rainbow Street, and, surprisingly, it held up through two plane rides without any major damage. Success again!


 As for ebooks, I downloaded two books in the Rebel Kings series by Garrett Leigh on Kindle Unlimited. While I read the second book, Saint's Song, I'm currently in the middle of Forgive Me Father, book three, and I think I might DNF the series. I'm not feeling the relationship in this one and the politics of the Russian and Italian mafia combined with the UK Biker gangs is a little too much for me when I just really want more of the romance. I like romances with plot, but this one is a bit too much plot, too little smooshy stuff.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Oh nice! Glad you had a fun trip! And yay for books surviving the plane rides home! I was hesitant on buying the swag boxes myself from the JLA shop. I guess I was hoping the book would come with it to make it a little more alluring, but alas they didn't and I'm trying to cull back on some of the "unknown" swag these days. But glad you were happy with the box! The new PB of FBAA is so pretty! I keep telling myself I don't need to buy it...staying strong so far! Lol. But glad you managed to snag the last copy!

    Hope you enjoy the new reads! I'm thinking of holding off on Mahurin's new series only because it's a duology, my sanity tends to do better if I just binge those! Lol!

    Happy Reading!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!