Saturday, October 29, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The October FairyLoot Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Halloween weekend! Woot! Woot! I have absolutely no plans other than to tidy my apartment, read books, eat candy, and watch Hocus Pocus. It's been a chaotic week for weird reasons, so I'm very glad it's the weekend. But I am sad that it's getting darker out. I always forget how icky the darkness is. It's a good time for reading though, since going outside isn't as appealing.


I have some more FBAA stuff that came in. Shocking, I know. The French collector's edition of FBAA arrived early this week, and my replacements for LitJoy's Kieran standee and Illumicrate's TWOTQ also arrived. The TWOTQ copy has striations on the spine, so I don't think it's any better than the original version I was sent. But I'll just live with the two versions I have. No biggie.


Next up is the October YA FairyLoot book. I actually know very little about this title, so it's kind of exciting to go into a book blind. However, this copy is kind of ugly. Or at least, not pretty, especially when you consider FairyLoot's usual caliber. The solid dark green edges are meh, and the cover overall is just boring, though that's the publisher's fault.


And here we have a library copy of Ledge by Stacey McEwan. I've heard good things about this one, but I'm trying not to buy books by authors I'm not familiar with, hence, the library copy. Also, my Binx Funko Pop came in. Or, more accurately, was left at the UPS office that I had to visit twice because they said my package wasn't there the first time when it actually was. Grr...


Now on to the ebooks. Hell Hath No Fury is an anthology that I preordered mostly for the Zodiac Academy prequel short story. I have no idea what other authors contributed. I just wanted more ZA. I also read a lot of books on Kindle Unlimited over the past two weeks. The first two are Prince and Assassin and Prince in Disguise by Tavia Lark. They both were quite cute. I'm excited for the third book to release in January.


Three more books I have read/am reading on Kindle Unlimited are King of the Dark, Reign of Darkness, and Curse of the Dark Prince by Ariana Nash. It's a pretty good series, though I've found it to be a little repetitive at times. I also didn't realize until book two that I'd read another series by this author that I binged back in 2020. I guess I've found a new author to follow.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh nice haul! Yay for early international orders! One of my international preorders came early as well! I wasn't initially expecting it until another week and half! So that was fun! But then of course, I turned around and ordered another pricey international book! Oh well! Lol. I was happy for the YA FL book as well but bummed that the cover didn't really change from the US version that I could see! Though the hardcover style is nice! Still excited to read it though!

    Hope you enjoy your new reads!



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. International orders are always surprising when they show up, since shipping isn't tracked as well. Definitely a nice surprise to get in your mailbox. Haha.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!