Saturday, October 15, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The May LitJoy Edition...Finally!

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, it's been an okay week. Nothing crazy has happened, good or bad. However, I haven't been able to work out as much this week, so I really need to get back into that. I did manage to get some cool packages this week, though, so that's been fun. I have some cool stuff coming in next week too. Yay!


First up, I have my looooooooong awaited May LitJoy Crate box. This thing took forever to arrive. And I didn't even order it for the book. I actually ordered the box because of the cool add-ons, which are pictured below. I am excited to read Twin Crowns, though. It looks cute. I think it's getting a sequel now, which makes me more excited to read it. I like standalones, but series are so much better.


Here we go. The add-ons. Finally! Whenever LitJoy announced that they were selling FBAA add-ons, I knew I had to order the box, just to get them. And they're very pretty, except for the fact that all three of them arrived with scratches. Kieran's was the worse. And what sucks even more is LitJoy makes you destroy the replaced version. I HATE waste like that. I think I'll just slash the Kieran one and live with the other two being slightly dinged up.


My FairyLoot Adult September book arrived, Spells for Forgetting. And it's...not very pretty. I wasn't super excited about the book choice in general, but I'd hoped FairyLoot would give it a little more razzle dazzle than the minor customizations they decided to do. I mean, I guess they did do a lot of customizations, but they're so...blah and dreary. I also ordered The Power from eBay for cheap, only to get an ARC instead of a finished copy. Ugh. Thankfully, the seller refunded me, but I was so disappointed. Eventually, I'll manage to nab all the Titan books for cheap. Only four more to go.
 

And here, I have the Barnes & Noble boxset of the Kingdom of the Wicked trilogy. I decided to buy these once I knew there wasn't going to be that ugly James Patterson line across the top. Like who decided it was a good idea to put ugly lines across the top of books? It's worse than a sticker, in my opinion. Which, I also need to take the sticker off of the KOTF copy. Ugh again. But anyway, moving on, I'm going to try to binge read this trilogy in October, since it gives spooky vibes.
 

The last thing I have is the collector's edition of Red, White, and Royal Blue. I thought it'd be a bit more special looking, but it's still fun. And I'm hoping to read the bonus material soon. Just have to do a reread of the whole book first. Ick. I'm really bad at rereading lately.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh nice new reads! I remember being vaguely interested in Twin Crowns, but alas, that was a bonus book with FL and apparently bonus books are just ultra special "items" instead of being a book. Wish that could've been stipulated beforehand and I maybe might have waited a little before signing up for the book only subscription.

    I know you probably did, but was there a chance the scratches on the shelfies stands were on the film? I know A Touch of Magic Design has that on theirs and didn't know if this was a similar case?

    Oh wow! You got an ARC instead of a regular book?! That's wild! But bummer that you actually wanted the regular book. Sometimes getting an ARC is usually a happy thing. But glad you were able to get a refund! I STILL need to start that series too! I am sooooo behind!

    Yay for the Kingdom of the Wicked series! I still need to read the last one myself! It might be my beginning of November read as I think I want to try to read another guaranteed kind of spooky read instead of one with spooky elements for October. Lol. I'm weird! If you need help with removing the stickers, a blow dryer on high works really well! I've been using this method a lot over the years. Scalding my fingers a bit is worth it to get the sticker off the cover! Lol.

    Hope you enjoy all of your awesome new reads!!



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These standees didn't have film, like ATOMD's, sadly. I wish they had used film. I'm crossing my fingers my Kieran replacement standee is in good shape, otherwise I've scratched the original one up for no reason. :(

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!