Tuesday, October 4, 2022

September Wrap-Up & October TBR

September has been mostly terrible, with the exception of the last two weeks of the month. Work was crazy, my anxiety over a California wedding/Disneyland trip was skyrocketing, and now that that's all over, I've been pretty chill. It's insane how stressful deadlines and travel can be. But that's all over now. Therefore, I am just going to talk about books and a bit about a few TV shows I've been enjoying lately. No big, thought-requiring subjects for me, thanks. Haha.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in September

Bone Weaver: 3 stars (see my review)
Reforged: 3 stars (library book)
Belladonna: 2.5 stars
Paris Daillencourt is about to Crumble: 3 stars (review to come)

I read four books in September, which was pretty good, considering how crazy busy I was for the first three weeks of the month. Two of the books were NetGalley review copies, Paris Daillencourt is about to Crumble by Alexis Hall and Bone Weaver by Aden Polydoros; one was a library copy, Reforged by Seth Haddon; and the other was a book I bought a physical copy of, Belladonna by Adalyn Grace. Sadly, none of the books really had a wow-factor. All were three stars or less. Darn. Also, the book I bought, Belladonna, came out in September 2022, so it doesn't even count towards my goal of reading books that I purchased prior to 2022. Boo... And since I let the hype get to me for Belladonna, which meant I preordered it on a whim because I'd heard good things and it had a pretty naked cover, I'm going to try to stop ordering physical copies of books now unless 1) I've read them before from the library or as ebooks, 2) they REALLY intrigue me, and/or 3) they're written by an author I am familiar with and enjoy. I'm also going to stop requesting books from NetGalley, as I've found I rarely give them more than three stars. I'll stick to reading books as they release.

Books Bought/Received in September

I didn't buy nearly as many books in September. Thank goodness. Also, all of the ones I did receive were physical books, so no ebooks this month. In September, I bought 10 books total. This includes Wicked and Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout (eBay); Belladonna (Amazon preorder with my birthday gift card); my YA and Adult FairyLoot subscription books that haven't arrived yet, though I did pay for them in September; and preorders of the FairyLoot editions of the Poison Study series by Maria V. Snyder, The Atlas Paradox by Olivie Blake, and The River of Silver by S.A. Chakraborty. I also received three books: TWOTQ, which I won in a giveaway; FairyLoot's Babel edition, which was their August pick, so I technically purchased it last month; and the French edition of AKOFAF that I preordered from Amazon.fr a while back. Altogether, I technically only received the six books that are pictured in the month of September.

Currently Obsessed With

Like last month, I've been rewatching The Office... BUT, I've also been watching some other shows too. Yay me! I think because I've been so stressed out, it's easier for me to watch TV than to read. Which isn't the worst thing ever, but it's sad to not read as much.


What We Do in the Shadows season four came out at some point this year, and, once all of the episodes were on Hulu, I devoured it. Which was a bad thing to do, as I was super busy with work (I was even working on the weekends), so I didn't need the distraction. But, oh well, it all worked out in the end. This season was fun. Probably not my favorite, but it was still a good time. I've also been continuing my watch of House of the Dragon. It's finally gotten to the big time jump episode, and I have mixed feelings about the new actors. Finally, I binged the rest of Fate: The Winx Saga on Netflix, including the newly-released season two. Season two was a little all over the place story-wise, but I still hope it gets a season three renewal. Other than those shows, I don't think I've watched anything particularly exciting. However, we'll see if I like the new Hocus Pocus movie. I'm extremely nervous about that one.

October TBR


More repeats in October's TBR. Oops again. Like last month and the month before, I have some books that I still need to get to for review/book club purposes. They include rereading Frostbite, Vampire Academy book two, for my book club and reading/reviewing Monsters Born and Made by Tanvi Berwah, which I'm behind on. Bad, me! Other than those two books, I'm keeping my TBR light. I think I may need to read A Curse of Queens by Amanda Bouchet for October's book club pick (hasn't been finalized), I'd like to finish off the Bargainer series, and I am continuing my year-long read of A Storm of Swords.

***

Okay, well, that's the month of September, plus some October sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!