Monday, May 2, 2022

April Wrap-Up & May TBR

Well, April started out as a good reading month, but towards the end, it kind of fell flat. While I did read a lot, I've been in a slump since the last title I read, so I hope that ends soon. I've been slowly making my way through a few titles right now, but I think I'm just going to have to let the slump run its course and maybe watch some TV or something instead.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in April

The Stardust Thief: 4 stars (ARC, review to come)
So This is Ever After: 4 stars
Dark Fae: 3.5 stars (ebook)

Savage Fae: 4 stars (ebook)
Vicious Fae: 3 stars (ebook)
Vows of Empire: 3 stars (NetGalley ARC, review to come)
Complicated Hearts Pt. 1: 3 stars (ebook)
Complicated Hearts Pt. 2: 3 stars (ebook)
Icebreaker: 4 stars (ebook)
Midnight Sun: 3.5 stars

I read ten books in April, half of which were ebooks I borrowed from Kindle Unlimited. Those titles include Dark Fae, Savage Fae, and Vicious Fae by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti as well as the Complicated Hearts duet by Ashley Jade. I also borrowed and read two library books: So This is Ever After by F.T. Lukens and Icebreaker by A.L. Graziadei. I read two ARCs, one of which was a physical copy sent to me by the publisher—The Stardust Thief by Chelsea Abdullah—and the other was a NetGalley copy, Vows of Empire by Emily Skrutskie. My reviews for these two will be up soon. And lastly, the only physical book I read that was one I've owned since 2020 is Midnight Sun by Stephanie Meyer. It was April's book club pick.

Books Bought/Received in April

This month is a little different when it comes to book hauling. I actually only received one physical book, FairyLoot's copy of The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake from their new adult subscription. It was technically March's book, but, of course, FairyLoot was late. Again. As for ebooks, I bought two: Nightingale, an anthology with a variety of author stories, and A Court of Bitter Thorns by Kay L. Moody. So I got three books total this month, not counting all the KU books I borrowed. BUT, I did preorder quite a few different books. The ones that charged me this month include two FairyLoot preorders, one for April's adult book and the other for The Blood Traitor, and the others were May's LitJoy Crate book and Brandon Sanderson's Kickstarter books, which was a very expensive order so I hope it's worth it. I haven't read a lot of Brandon Sanderson stuff, though I'm hoping to get into his high fantasy stories some day.

Currently Obsessed With

I haven't been watching a ton of shows right now. I'm still chugging my way through Modern Family on Hulu, but it's a slow process. I'm on season nine and it's getting really repetitive. I'm hoping to finish the show in May, though.

Other than Modern Family, I decided to watch New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn Parts I and II after I finished Midnight Sun. I really kind of wanted to do a re-read of the books starting with New Moon, but my copies are at my parents' house. So I had to settle for just re-watching the movies. I'm still hoping Meyer writes either a Leah book or a Rosalie/Emmett book.

April TBR

Ugh. You'll see a lot of repeats on this TBR. I'm super behind on reading stuff for Apollycon as well as NetGalley titles. Plus, there are some things I just want to read for me, like A Storm of Swords (I'm behind on my year-long read), The Atlas Six, An Ember in the Ashes, and The Dragon Republic. For Apollycon, I still need to read Defy the Night, which I'm about fifty pages into right now, and A Promise of Fire. I also have Rhapsodic, Savage Lands, and King of Battle and Blood that I'm hoping to read before the event, and I'd like to finish up the Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac series. I'm currently reading Broken Fae right now. For review, I need to get to A Strange & Stubborn Endurance and A Taste of Gold and Iron. It's a long list. I think I'll get to maybe five of them. *Sigh*

***

Okay, well, that's the month of April, plus some May sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!