Saturday, May 21, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The ApollyCon Prep Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Oh boy did I spend too much money this week. It's not good. Not good at all. And I still have a few things I'll need to pay for next week, so May is just going to be another expensive month. Ugh. It's all Illumicrate and Bookish Box's fault! If they hadn't put their FBAA sequel editions up for sale this month, it wouldn't be so bad. And on top of that, I'm prepping for ApollyCon, so I've been buying books I am 80% sure I'll enjoy in order to get them signed by the attending authors. My poor wallet needs a break.


Speaking of ApollyCon, here are three books by attending authors I impulse ordered off Amazon. I just finished A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet via a mass market edition I owned, and I really liked it, so I wanted to purchase the newer, prettier paperback version to get signed. That also meant I had to order all the sequels too; though, book three won't release until June. Boo... This is my May book club read, and I think two of us have already decided we want to go ahead and read the other books in the series as well. Next up is Savage Lands by Stacey Marie Brown. I've heard really good things, so it's  on my TBR list.


I also received my May Adult FairyLoot book earlier this week. Am I impressed with this edition? Not really. I'm not a die-hard fan of Holly Black's books. I've enjoyed some of them, and not others. However, I did order the Owlcrate edition of this one because it looked pretty cool. When I read it, I may decide to get rid of either the FairyLoot or Owlcrate copy or both, depending on if I like it or not..


I have one more ApollyCon author here. I downloaded Casey L. Bond's With Shield and Ink and Bone from Kindle Unlimited because she'll be there. I know she has a couple series out, but I think this one is a standalone, so I wanted to give it a try. I'm 11% in right now, and it's good. I do love Viking-esque stories, so I think it'll be fun. Another book I downloaded from Kindle Unlimited is Dark Night Golden Dawn by Allison Carr Waechter. This one has gotten a little buzz lately on Bookstagram, so I'm hoping to read it soon. (Same for every other book I've downloaded from KU and haven't read yet. Sigh.)

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. OOoh nice! I know, I just spent an obscenely amount of money this week. I bought the first Illumicrate From Blood and Ash box off eBay. I should've ordered it at the original time but had already spent too much before. No regrets though! Then I did order the next books since they were made available to the public! Lol.

    I enjoyed Bouchet's series as well, though I have the series in its MM format and was content with those. I'm not a fan of this new oversized MM size. It's just not convenient.

    Hope you enjoy all the new reads!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, that FBAA Illum ed. is pricey second-hand. Glad you're okay with the amount though. I could never justify it. Probably never. Haha.

      I thought about keeping my MM copy of A Promise of Fire, because it is pretty, but we'll see. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!