Tuesday, May 24, 2022

A 2022 Summer Unhaul

So, I have yet another unhaul for you. I have just been killing it with getting rid of older/unwanted books over the past five months. I guess it's because I know that if I want to keep collecting titles I really love, I have got to get rid of some that I either don't feel anything for anymore or just feel meh about in general. And while I'm always sad to say bye-bye to books, I can't feasibly keep all of them. Plus, some can go to people who might really want them. And, since I do take all of mine to trade at local used bookstores, I know they'll eventually get into the hands of someone who loves reading.

Now, just a heads up, I didn't get rid of all of these. The used bookstore wouldn't take about 20 of them. You'll see which ones I still have at the bottom of this post. I plan to take those titles to another used bookstore sometime in the near future. Also, funny story, I ended up trading the titles I did get rid of for cash. It came out to a little over $30. Well, I ended up going to the mall immediately afterwards and spent half of it on cookies at Mrs. Fields. It made me laugh that I blew my book money on desserts.


So here I have a mix of stuff, most of which I've read. The Wolf and Spoiler Alert are the only ones I haven't read. Spoiler Alert because I bought it after GoT ended so horribly and it was a fanfiction ode to that series. However, it's about a character/actor like Jamie Lannister, who is one of my least favorite's on the show. So I just don't think I'll ever pick it up. I also got rid of my The Mortal Instruments paperbacks of books 1-3, as I have the newer paperbacks. I also have prettier copies of the three Yasmine Galenorn books pictured, so I got rid of the old ones. And then I also got rid of The Ex Hex, Under the Whispering Door, and Carve the Mark.


Next up, I have some YA SFF. I was able to get rid of The Darkest Minds trilogy, Their Fractured Light, This Shattered World, The Silver Kiss, and the Something Strange & Deadly trilogy. The only ones I haven't read are In the Afterlight and the last two books in the SS&D series. The other ones pictured were titles the store wouldn't take.

 
I was able to get rid of quite a few titles in this photo, including Defy, Lady Thief, Lion Heart, the Divergent series, Slayer, Afterworlds, and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. It pained me to get rid of the Divergent series and the Scarlet books, but I just knew I'll never read them again. And, they're only taking up space on my already crowded shelves, especially with how big the Divergent books are. Those things are thick. Plus, Allegiant was a big yikes. I did like Four, though.


  What's pictured is what's left of my giant unhaul, and I'm hoping it'll all be gone within the next two weeks when I muster up the energy to go to the other used bookstore. And, while I do have a couple of books I plan on getting rid of that I only discovered after this unhaul, I don't think I'll be doing another giant unhaul anytime in the near future. After all, this stack had been accumulating for months. I've looked at my shelves multiple times since then, and I can't really pare it down anymore at the moment. Though, as I read more books on my physical TBR, I'm making sure I immediately toss ones I don't like/felt ambivalent about into my unhaul pile. So maybe it will grow by the time fall rolls around. Who knows...

***

Have you unhauled any books recently? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!