Saturday, May 7, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The April FairyLoot Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Not a lot going on on this week. It's just been rainy and gross here, which means I haven't been working out as much as I should. But next week is supposed to be better weather-wise, so that's good. As for books, I have a decent amount to haul. And one of the books, I'm really excited about!


I finished book three of the Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac series, the prequel/spinoff to Zodiac Academy, so I decided to go ahead and dive into Warrior Fae, the last book in the series, on Kindle Unlimited. It's very, very long. Almost 1,000 pages. So it's going to take a while, which isn't good, because I need to get to some Apollycon reads before mid-July as well as some review books. Hopefully this one won't take me too much time to get through.


I'd resigned myself to not being able to collect the Kresley Cole Immortals After Dark books in their original covers. And truly, there are only a few I want physical copies of. My ebook versions are fine for the most part. However, when I found A Hunger Like No Other for super cheap at my local used bookstore, I jumped on it. This book is worth a lot of money, not that I'm going to get rid of it anytime soon. But I'm happy to have this unicorn in my collection. Oh, and I also found a better copy of Witchling by Yasmine Galenorn. Now, I can unhaul my beat up copy for this prettier version.

April's FairyLoot box took forever to arrive, and I'm not sure why. It seems like UPS and FairyLoot's warehouse are having a lot of shipping issues lately. But anyway, here it is. The April box. I'm not overly impressed with anything, but nothing is terrible. I will say I'm excited for The Night Circus item because I can give it to my sister as a present. Haha. But yeah, nothing is wowing me, though I will get some use out of the basket and maybe the fairy lights. And of course, I plan to read the books.

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Yeah, our weather is about to get seriously ugly this week. 90s. In May. They are saying we are reaching record-breaking temps and I am not at all happy. Like I will be burrowing myself into the coldest part of our house and not venturing out at all. Not even for the mail. I feel like I am the only person in my city who hates this weather. I know my late grandmother loved it, my stepdad loves it...I loathe it! Lol.

    Yeah, the 1,000+ pages would overwhelm me. Especially on the kindle. It would take me over a month most likely to read that. Give it to me in a real book and at this rate I would say 2 weeks tops! lol. I don't know what it is about kindle books but it takes me forever to read them and the same book can be read super quick in real book format. I have a vague idea of why this is, but not sure how valid it is! Lol.

    Upon hearing what the guesses were for the book and seeing the fandoms presented for Fairy Loot's April box, I was very quick to skip it. I'm now seeing that I made the right choice. I'm excited that the book only option starts this month too! The items have been very lackluster over the years and from the time I subscribed, I probably only ever really like somewhere around 10 items plus the tarot cards. Of course now they're starting a new deck and I can't decide how I feel about that! I just hope that they can keep their shop updated with items. During the last restock sale, all they had were books, so I was just like okay...but what about the rest? I feel like every time I skipped a box there were one or two items here or there I would've really liked...but they never came to the shop!

    I hope you enjoy all of your lovely new reads though! Happy Reading!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually been pretty good about reading Kindle books quickly. I think it just depends on what I'm reading. If it's a fast-paced romance type of series, I can devour it in a few days or less, but a long, complex fantasy world story needs a physical copy that I can easily flip to the map. And yeah, I'm glad FL is doing book-only too, but I paid for a six-month subscription, so I can't do book-only until September. But I think May is gonna have an FBAA item, so I'm okay with that for now. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!