Saturday, May 14, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Divine Power Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Other than it being miserably hot, this week hasn't actually been that bad. Nothing too exciting has happened, but I've had a fairly nice time overall. I do need to motivate myself to do a deep clean of my kitchen, but eh. That can wait until June. There's also been some fun book news over the past week or so, including the Illumicrate FBAA sequels, a reprint of the Bookish Box A Touch of Darkness books, and some other things I'm happy about (but my wallet sure isn't). For now, though, let's talk about books I have in my hands!

April's Adult FairyLoot book finally arrived this month. Thank goodness. I knew it was going to be The City of Dusk, and I was foaming at the mouth. I LOVED this book. Yes, I know a lot of people didn't, but I truly don't understand why. Maybe they were just expecting something different...? It was a really great fantasy story, in my opinion. I'm actually going to buy the UK regular hardcover copy too, since the US is only publishing a paperback edition and I want the normal cover on my shelves. And, in addition to that pretty book, A Cruel and Fated Light by Ashley Shuttleworth showed up early. It was a preorder from Barnes & Noble.

Next up are two whim purchases. I had a dentist appointment this week, and after the dentist, I decided to visit my favorite used bookstore. Yes, it's the same one I visited last week. Don't judge me. Anyway, I went ahead and picked up Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead and Shadow's Seduction by Kresley Cole. I've been in a paranormal romance/urban fantasy kind of mood, hence the Succubus Blues selection. As for SS, I reread it every year via ebook, so I couldn't pass up this nice print copy for my Kresley Cole collection after I nabbed A Hunger Like No Other last week.

After finishing the five main books in the Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac series by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti, I downloaded the Night novella. It's super short, so I've already read it. And it was fun. I do love me some Leon. He's the best. Then, on Kindle Unlimited, I downloaded a copy of Broken Bonds by J. Bree, since she'll be at Apollycon this year and I've heard good things about this series. I think Bookish Box is going to do a special edition set too, so I want to read it before I miss out on another one of their preorders.

And lastly, what would a Stacking the Shelves be without some FBAA fan art? I have a Reaver print and a more risque print of the main trio. I also bought a t-shirt version of the sweater I purchased a few weeks ago. I want to wear the shirt to Apollycon, and the sweater is way too warm for July. The Etsy shop recently came out with a shirt version, so I jumped on it.

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. OOh nice! Succubus Blues was one of my favorites back then! It was a fun series! Way different than I had expected! I had a longer comment before, but the Blogger comment system kept telling me an error occurred and would not post it! So I don't remember everything I said before! Lol.

    Nice new art too! Hope you enjoy all the lovely new reads!


    Here's my StS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hate when I write up a long comment and it doesn't end up posting. It's such a bummer. Thanks for trying, though!

      I'm excited to get to Succubus Blues! I haven't really heard anything about it, so it'll be a surprise.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!