Wednesday, April 1, 2020

March Wrap-Up & April TBR

My first wrap-up post of 2020. I’m back after over a year of neglect. Since I wasn’t reading very often it was just too tedious to keep up the blog. But I’m back now, baby!

In the wrap-up portion, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in March



Kill the Queen: 3.5/5 stars (my review)
Protect the Prince: 3.5/5 stars (review to come)
Wicked: 4.5/5 stars (re-read; old review)
Torn: 4/5 stars (review to come)
Brave: 4/5 stars (review to come)

Five books this month is AMAZING! I’ve been in such a reading slump over the past year that any time I read more than one book in a month is fantastic! I’m not super surprised that Jennifer L. Armentrout and Jennifer Estep books are what’s getting me out of my slump. They’re such quick and easy reads.

Books Bought/Received in March


I bought four books total this month. Two were bought in an online order from Barnes & Noble: Protect the Prince and Crush the King by Jennifer Estep. I also got Torn and Brave by Jennifer Armentrout as ebooks (not pictured).

Oh, and as for Funko Pop figures, I bought four: Harry’s Patronus (part of my B&N online order to get free shipping); the GoT baby dragons three-pack of Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal (a B&N ECCC exclusive); the Sleeping Beauty three-pack of Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather (an ECCC Amazon exclusive); and Bobby Singer (a Mercari order).

As for books I got for free, I received:

A Queen in Hiding, A Broken Queen, and The Queen of Raiders by Sarah Kozloff
Rage by Cora Carmack
The Burning Shadow by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
The Name of All Things by Jenn Lyons

I got all of these from an awesome friend who was working at Tor. Unfortunately, though, this may be the last “free” section I include in a wrap-up post. Since I no longer work in publishing and I haven’t been super involved in the book-blogging world, it’s not likely that I’ll receive any free books anymore. And I’m okay with that. My shelves are overloaded, so only being able to read books I buy will seriously help me get through my giant TBR.

Currently Obsessed With

I thought I’d share what I’ve been obsessing over lately, and by “lately” I mean the past eight-ish months.

Most of my time is spent lately collecting Funko Pops. Honestly, it’s become a bit of a problem. My closet is overloaded with Funko boxes and there are beady-eyed figures crowding my shelves. I’m close to owning 100 Pops, and I plan on slowing way down on purchasing any more until after this whole pandemic issue slows down.


For entertainment, I’m currently obsessed with Supernatural (big surprise). I’m re-watching all 14 seasons available on Netflix with my mom—we’re on season 13 now. I seriously love Dean Winchester, and Jensen Ackles is the most beautiful man on the planet. Not gonna lie. However, I find myself growing more and more frustrated with this final season of Supernatural. I’m watching it as the episodes release (as of now, they’re on hold because of the pandemic), but each one has so many plot holes, it’s just kind of ridiculous. Dean is super pretty to look at, though, and I’m going to keep watching the show until the end of season 15, just because Ackles is amazing. I can’t wait to hear about whatever project he’s going to do after the show is over.

Currently Reading/April TBR


I’m going to finish Jennifer Estep’s Crown of Shards trilogy. There’s no question about that; they’re just too easy to flip through to put off finishing them. I’m trying to read Jessica Shirvington’s Violet Eden series, so the second book, Entice is on my list. I finished re-reading Embrace earlier this year, so let’s hope I can get through the other four because the covers are way too pretty to have a mediocre story inside.

***

Okay, well, that’s the month of March, plus some April sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for this month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!