Sunday, April 19, 2020

My 2020 Reading Goals

It’s April, but I haven’t done a reading goals post for the year. Now that I’m back into reading, I have to remedy that.


I originally set my Goodreads 2020 Reading Challenge at 10 books. Now, that might not seem like a lot to some of you, but last year was a disaster for me reading-wise. I actually only read 10 books for the entire year, and most of them were just “meh” books. My reading slump was insane.

To be fair, I had a lot of things going on. I moved back to Missouri from NYC. I quit my job and was stressed out looking for a new one and feeling like a loser for doing so. And, while I was living in NYC, I hated living there because of my loud neighbors who wouldn’t give me the peace I needed to read and sleep during the weekends. I was a mess. But I’ve finally hit a place in my life where I’m comfortable reading again. Plus, I’m stuck inside a lot more than usual with everything going on, so why not work my way through my TBR?

I set my 2020 Goodreads Challenge to 10 books at the start of the year. I reached that goal earlier this month, so I changed my goal to 30 books. I’m really hoping to reach 50, but 30 puts less pressure on me.


Other than my Goodreads Challenge, I have a few other personal reading goals that mostly consist of finishing specific books and series.

#1. Read 15 books I already owned physical copies of prior to 2020. So far, I’ve read three.

#2. Finish A Game of Thrones. I’ve been reading this one for a while. I started after the final season of GoT disappointed me for so many reasons, and I want to finish it before the end of 2020. I’m 42% through. I also think it’d be cool to read one A Song of Ice and Fire book per year until I catch up or the next book is released. (Ha ha.)

#3. Finish the Violet Eden series. I just finished Entice, and there are three more books. I’m going to try to finish one every few months. These books have been on my shelf for so very long, and they’re so beautiful. I’ll never get rid of them, just because of their gorgeous covers. I don’t like unread books being on my pretty shelves, though, so I HAVE to finish them.

#4. Finish last books. I have a lot of last books in series that I just need to read. United and Starfall by Melissa Landers, Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan, Allied by Amy Tintera, and Let the Wind Rise by Shannon Messenger are the primary culprits.

***

Well, those are my 2020 reading goals. What are your reading goals for the year? Have you met any of them yet? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!