Monday, April 27, 2020

My Spring 2020 Book Unhaul: Part Two

Time for part two of my spring cleaning unhaul! I may be getting rid of some books, but I’m formulating plans to buy a new bookshelf, which means I’ll probably end up buying new books to put on it. Oh, the book-hoarding cycle….

Lake part one of my unhaul, a majority of these are books I read when I was younger, and I don’t want them on my shelves anymore. I’m trying to get a certain aesthetic for my shelves, so when I move into my own place, I can easily arrange my books in a way I’ve dreamt of for YEARS. These books don’t fit that aesthetic.

I bought most of these books at yard sales, library sales, etc. for really cheap, and a few of them I picked up during my time working at Macmillan. And just fyi, I’ll be giving these to my younger cousins. They’re really into Harry Potter and Percy Jackson, so I thought I’d donate some books I have that young boys would enjoy.

So, let’s get this unhaul underway, and please don’t feel offended if I get rid of a book you like. I simply have too many books to keep them all.


Anger is a Gift: I got this one for free at my old job with Tor. I just don’t think I’ll read it, and it seems like something a young teen boy could enjoy. Plus, it has a gay, black protagonist, and I think my cousins could use some diversity in their lives.

The Heroes of Olympus series: I’m getting rid of all five of these books, even though The Blood of Olympus isn’t pictured. I just realized that I’m not into these books anymore, and the covers aren’t pretty enough for me to keep.

Hardy Boys books: I love this Hardy Boys boxset, but I’m never going to re-read them. I’ll always have fond memories of the books, but it’s time to let go.

The Shadow Children 1-4: I really enjoyed this series as a kid, but these aren’t even really mine. My sister ordered this boxset online, but she ended up buying newer editions, so she gave them to me. I definitely don’t need these on my shelves anymore.


More Hardy Boys books: A couple of random Hardy Boys books I’ve never read.

A Christmas Carol and Treasure Island: These are classics I enjoyed, but if I want to re-read them, I’ll buy prettier editions.

Beverly Cleary books: LOVE Beverly Cleary, but I’m just too old for these. Since I don’t plan on having kids, I might as well give these to children who will enjoy them.

Charlotte’s Web, Pirates Past Noon, The Boxcar Children, and Hank the Cowdog series: Again, just too old to keep these.

The False Prince, Fright Time books, and The Faerie Wars series: These are fun middle-grade books, but nothing super special. I feel like my cousins will enjoy them more.

Hatchet, Walk Two Moons, Bridge to Terabithia, and Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry: All four of these are fantastic books, but my cousins will get more out of them than I currently am by just letting them sit on my shelves. Time to let them go.

Loser: This is one of the few books I’ve read about a boy who seems to have some anti-social tendencies, and he may be on the autism spectrum if I remember correctly. I really think my cousins would benefit from this book.

***

Alright, there’s part two of my spring book unhaul. The books are still boxed up in my room, but I’ll get them out of here eventually.

Have you gotten rid of any books lately? If so, which ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!