Saturday, April 22, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The First Book Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

It's almost time for ApollyCon! AAAAAHHH! I leave this Wednesday and don't get back until Sunday night, which means my next StS will be written very early in the week, if I even get to it. I'd like to write/schedule one, since I know I have a couple of books that were delivered to my parents' house that they plan to drop off this weekend. I really don't want a backlog of pre-ApollyCon books to add to the stupid number of books I preordered there. I have a feeling it'll be bad enough taking pics of all the those suckers, so adding extras will just be too much for this tired gal. But anyway, enough whining, back to this week's haul.


First up, I have a sort-of, kind-of impulse buy. My original plan was to buy the Bookish Box edition of Untainted by Lilian T. James at their ApollyCon event, but someone was selling it on Facebook for $30, so I grabbed it. And boy, is it pretty! It's definitely going to have a place of honor on the shelves in my room, once I actually get around to moving them, that is. Yep, my shelves are still at my parents' house. I've been focusing on my trip, so a lot of new-home stuff hasn't been done and likely won't be done for a few more weeks. I also want to say that I loved this book. It gave me major SJM Heir of Fire vibes. It's my second-favorite read of the year so far, after Mysteries of Thorn Manor. Oh, and it's also the first book delivery to my new place. That's a big honor, but this book definitely deserves it.


Next are the ebooks. I downloaded three newbies from Kindle Unlimited in the hopes that maybe I'd feel the urge to read them and get out of my reading slump. Did it work? No. I'm still in it. I'm thinking I'll be in a slump until ApollyCon is over. Ugh. The horror! But anyway, I downloaded Blood Mercy by Vela Roth, Of Mist and Shadows by Jenna Wolfhart, and Violent Desire by Ariana Nash.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to say I hope I can attend Apollycon next year, but I doubt all the authors who are attending this year that I wanted to see will also come again next year, and that's if I can even get tickets! Since I'm house hunting myself, vacations might be a thing of the past! Lol.

    Nice set of new reads! All new to me ones, but I hope you enjoy them all! And score on TBB book! Those have gotten pricey lately! Even with their sale going on now, I was still cringing at the prices, thinking that's a savings?! Lol. Happy Reading!



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. House hunting is terrible. I've always done rentals, but it's so demoralizing, so I hope you find something good that still allows you to go on vacations!

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!