Saturday, April 29, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Bookless Jackets Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, as you're reading this, I'm in the trenches of ApollyCon, likely with sore feet and an aching back but a lot of pretty signed books. Next week's StS is going to be insane. Even as I'm writing this, I'm in the middle of prepping for my trip. Packing, primping, and panicking. Haha. Somehow, even though I've had tickets since November and I've been planning for months, this convention still managed to sneak up on me.


First up for this week's haul is something I ordered from Barnes & Noble. I told myself not to buy a hardcover of The Serpent and the Wings of Night by Clarissa Broadbent until I read it on Kindle Unlimited first. But did I listed to myself? Absolutely not. I've heard way too many fantastic things, so, when I was preordering another book on B&N, I decided this was the book to add to my order to get free shipping. I also had two books delivered to my parents' house in the past few weeks that I FINALLY was able to get from them. I received The Pariah by Anthony Ryan and The Blighted Stars by Megan O'Keefe, both of which were sent from Orbit for review.


Next, I have my Clover Crate FBAA dustjackets. Aren't they pretty?! I'm glad some of the dustjacket artists are doing unique things with the covers. Having a dragon (draken) on TWOTQ's, makes me very happy. (Bonus points if you know who that is.) I will say I'm a little confused by the art for AKOFAF and TCOGB, though, as it seems like they should be switched, but, regardless, I'm still very happy with these. Now I just need to get my shelves set up so I can properly display them. The order also came with a few extra goodies. There was a pin, a bookmark, a print, and a sticker. I probably will only keep the bookmark and print, but we'll see.
 

 And lastly, I have a couple of ebooks. Ariana Nash's Violent Mistake is a Kindle Unlimited title I borrowed after I finished the first book, Violent Desire. It's a MM vampire series in the same vein as the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I also have Rebecca Ross's A Fire Endless, the sequel to A River Enchanted. My library hold finally came in for this one, so I'm hoping I can finish it either before my trip or the day I travel to D.C. Lord knows I'm not going to be able to read anything after that. My life will be way too crazy to read until May starts up.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're having fun! I am having serious somo (sadness of missing out, as the "fear" portion just doesn't sit well with me in fomo! lol!) from seeing all the different pictures online! Even from my fave authors! Hoping the ticket system is easier to navigate next time around...and that I can afford it! With house hunting this year, I am not sure how many vacations are in my future!

    Nice new reads! And yay for book covers! I'm semi tracking my latest Caraval set myself! Lol! Hope you enjoy all the new reads!





    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!