Monday, April 10, 2023

March Wrap-Up & April TBR

I know, I know. This post is almost two weeks late. But, in all fairness, I've been busy the past two weeks. If you didn't see my previous post, I got my own place and moved in. Yay! Now, I can have my own library! Once I buy some good shelves, that is. Right now, all of my books are either in boxes or still waiting at my parents' house until I have the time to box them up and drive them 30 miles to my new place. Ugh. I love my books, but I also hate them at times like these. But anyway... let's get on with the post.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in March


Untamed: 4 stars (KU ebook)
Between Wrath & Mercy: 3.5 stars (KU ebook)
Follow the River: 3 stars (KU ebook)
After Rain Falls: 3 stars (KU ebook)
Hidden Scars: 3.5 stars (KU ebook)
A Cursed Kiss: 3 stars (KU ebook)
Take Me Apart: 3 stars (KU ebook)
Iced Out: 3.5 stars (KU ebook)
The Bone Shard Emperor: 4 stars (my review)

I read nine books in March, which is great considering how much I've had going on lately. Only one of the books I read was a physical copy, and it was actually the last book I read in the month, The Bone Shard Emperor by Andrea Stewart, book two of The Drowning Empire series. The rest of the books were all from Kindle Unlimited and those included Untamed by Lilian T. James; Between Wrath & Mercy by Jess Wisecup; Follow the River, After Rain Falls, and Iced Out by C.E. Ricci; Hidden Scars by Andi Jaxon; A Cursed Kiss by Jenny Hickman; and Take Me Apart by Brea Alepou and Skyler Snow. None of these books were ones I owned prior to 2023, so I didn't cut down on my physical TBR backlog very much, I did read quite a few ApollyCon books, though, so woohoo!

Books Bought/Received in March


I didn't get a ton of books in March. Instead, I just preordered everything I could get my hands on, it seems like. In total, I bought 17 books and received 10 total books.

The books I bought in March include seven ApollyCon preorders that you'll see in next month's Wrap-Up post. The other physical books I bought and actually received in March include A Door in the Dark by Scott Reintgen from B&N and Heartsong by TJ Klune from eBay. The eight other non-ApollyCon preorders include March's adult FairyLoot book (which I received in April), a Bookish Box edition of Raven Kennedy's Cupidity, LitJoy Crate's Red Queen set, and the Italian edition of FBAA. 

As for what I received in March, besides A Door in the Dark and Heartsong, I had one FairyLoot order show up, The Adventures of Amina al-Sirafi by Shannon Chakraborty, which was February's adult book. I also received an early copy of Fall of Ruin and Wrath from the publisher, Tor. I used to work there, so I begged an old co-worker for it. My Kickstarter preorder of Tress of the Emerald Sea by Brandon Sanderson finally arrived as well, along with my order of the Russian edition of FBAA, which isn't pictured. Sorry! I also received a copy of Zodiac Academy #4, Shadow Princess from my dad. And I got three free ebooks. Two novellas were for signing up for the authors' newsletters: The Sword by J. Bree and Pearl and the Dread King by Jex Lane. Lastly, I downloaded You & I, Rewritten by Chip Pons for free on Kindle.

Currently Obsessed With

Just like last month, I'm still rewatching The Office when I eat or need something to play in the background. And March consisted mostly of The Office rewatch and ending a few shows I started earlier this year.


Sarah Michelle Gellar's, Wolf Pack, was a show I was watching with my mom, and the season ended in March. I'm interested in season two if it happens, but it's not a huge priority if it doesn't get a second season. I also watched the rest of the The Rings of Power LOTR show on Amazon Prime. The relationship between some characters at the end of season one made me ugly cry. I won't spoil anything, but ugh. The emotions. I also finished watching The Last of Us with my mom. It was decent. Kind of a predictable and rushed ending, though. And, I went to see Shazam! Fury of the Gods with my dad. It was decent because of the gods elements, but I don't like Zachary Levi's acting, I much prefer the child actor, who wasn't in the movie long enough, in my opinion The family dynamics is what makes the story better, and Zachary Levi is too joke-y to bring out those emotions. Oh, and I started and finished Daisy Jones and the Six with my mom as well. It was good. Not something I would normally watch, but still entertaining.

April TBR


In April, I'm reading some more ApollyCon books, like A River Enchanted by Rebecca Ross, which I just finished and very much enjoyed. It's also my April book club pick. I just put the sequel on hold at my library too, so maybe I'll sneak that in before ApollyCon as well. I'm also currently reading Fall of Ruin and Wrath by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I expect to be done with that one by the time this post goes live. And before those, I finished The Bone Shard War, the last book in The Drowning Empire series. Review to come. I'd like to read A Door in the Dark, since I got a NetGalley copy to review as well; What Lies Beyond the Veil by Harper L. Woods and River of Shadows by Karina Halle for ApollyCon; and The Blighted Stars by Megan E. O'Keefe for review via NetGalley.

***

Okay, well, that's the month of March, plus some April sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!