Sunday, December 12, 2021

The 2021 End of the Year Book Tag

So 2021 is almost over. Wow. A lot has happened. I got a new job, a new place to live, a new couch, an Etsy addiction, and more. Ha ha. It's been an expensive journey. Let's hope I can tame the fan art-obsessed beast that's within me during 2022. I have little hope.

We only have a few weeks left, so I thought I’d do the End of the Year Book Tag. Even though it's pretty late. Okay, very late. I’m not sure who this tag was created by, but I found the questions on Green Tea & Paperbacks blog. So, let’s get this party started!

Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?

Kind of. I have one I haven't finished, but I was only a chapter in, and I don't think it's a priority. Now, Abaddon's Gate by James S.A. Corey, the third book in the Expanse series, was a book I checked out via my local library's Libby app. Unfortunately, I only got 56% through before I had to return it. I'm hoping my second hold comes in soon so I can finish it up.

Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?

It's almost winter, but I'll still answer this question. I'm reading These Hollow Vows now, and while it's not a specifically autumnal storyline, the FairyLoot edition does give some fall vibes. Also, I'm going to try to read Caraval as well, and that gives me autumn vibes too, for some reason. As for winter books, I don't have anything to transition to that season. I'll have to search for one.

Is there a new release you’re still waiting for?

Nope. I'm doing this tag too late in the year for that. I don't even think I had an anticipated December release overall. However, this month's FairyLoot box hasn't come in yet, and I don't know which book it'll be. So it's going to be a surprise until I spoil myself by looking at Instagram photos.

What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?

These Hollow Vows by Lexi Ryan (currently reading)
Caraval by Stephanie Garber
Defy the Night by Brigid Kemmerer

Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favorite book of the year?

Not really. If I get to The Poppy War, I think that one will be a hit. However, I'm probably going to save it for 2022. I want to start that year off right.

Have you already started making reading plans for 2022?

Yep. I have to read A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin in order to continue my goal of reading one A Song of Ice and Fire book each year. I also want to read the last two books in the Serpent & Dove trilogy and For the Wolf by Hannah Whitten.

***

Alright, there you have it. My End of the Year Book Tag answers. What would your answers to these questions be? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!