Thursday, December 2, 2021

November Wrap-Up & December TBR

Winter is coming. Ick. I love autumn, but I do not like that it leads in to my least favorite season. I'd 10x rather be warm than cold. Especially because I like to run outside, and you can't run outside very often when it's freezing. But anyway, books. That's what you're here for, not my weather complaints.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in November

Heartstopper: Volume One: 3 stars (ebook, not pictured)
A Clash of Kings: 3 stars
Foolish Hearts: 3 stars

Shielded: 3.5 stars 
Gild: 3 stars
Dark Rise: 3.5 stars
Aurora's End: 4 stars
A Marvellous Light: 4 stars

I read eight books in November. Wow. I haven't done that in quite a while. Only one was an ebook, Heartstopper by Alice Oseman, and it was actually a library ebook from Libby. The rest were physical books: A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin, Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills, Shielded by KayLynn Flanders, Gild by Raven Kennedy, Dark Rise by C.S. Pacat, Aurora's End by Kristoff and Kaufman, and A Marvellous Light by Freya Marske. I finally finished A Clash of Kings! Sadly, I have to start A Storm of Swords in 2022, but for now, I'm done with my year-long read of one book in the ASOIF series per year. Yay! Other than that, the only other major goal I accomplished was reading both library books I had on hold, Aurora's End and A Marvellous Light, and reading three books I owned prior to 2021: Foolish Hearts, A Clash of Kings, and Shielded.

Books Bought/Received in November

In total, I bought six books this month: FBAA books 1-3, ASITE, and the Plated Prisoner series by Raven Kennedy, which for some reason, I decided not to take a picture of. Lol. I bought the FBAA series and ASITE in hardcover from Barnes & Noble since they were having a 20% off orders of $60+ sale. I basically got one book for free. Yay! And I ordered Gild, Glint, and Gleam from Amazon. I also received two free ebooks that I technically "bought" on Kindle called Nightfall by L.H. Cosway and If the Fates Allow by Rainbow Rowell. And finally, I received my November FairyLoot book, Jade Fire Gold, but I paid for that back in August.

Currently Obsessed With

I actually have an obsession this month. And boy, is it coming on strong. I think I may be feeling a little bit of my Narnia, GoT, Harry Potter obsession level for this show. This is both a good and bad thing.

Wheel of Time on Amazon Prime is sucking me in. It doesn't have the greatest CGI and some scenes are a little clunky, but I'm just having a lot of fun with it. I'm not a book reader for this series, so I don't have to nitpick like some people. Thankfully. But I do know a few things about the book series since I used to work at Tor and worked a little on the series' mass market copies. But yeah. I'm so excited for tonight's episode. As for other shows, I'm watching Hawkeye on Disney+ and re-watching the '90s X-Men cartoon. I also watched Shang-Chi, Eternals, and Red Notice over the holiday with my family.

December TBR

Here you can see at least two of the Plated Prisoner books that I forgot to photograph earlier. Ha! Currently, I'm trying to read Glint and Gleam for next week's book club, and I'd like to get to These Hollow Vows and Caraval before the end of the year. There are a few others I'd like to read, but I'm keeping my TBR pretty loose. I think I may want to mood read soon, and I don't want to force myself into anything.

***

Okay, well, that's the month of November, plus some December sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!