Saturday, February 20, 2021

Stacking the Shelves: The January FairyLoot Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I've been stuck inside for two weeks now. I mean, I walk outside, and I've been to the post office once. And technically I could drive my parents' vehicles around if I wanted to (mine's too short to drive in heavy snow), but for the most part, I don't want to go anywhere in this nasty snowy mess. Ick. Plus, I've been working from home, so there's no real point in getting out if I don't have to, right? I could spend all that extra driving time reading. 😉

This week, I received three books in the mail. All of which were purchased by yours truly. A Dark and Hollow Star was a preorder from Semicolon, the bookstore, that I thought wasn't supposed to release until the 23rd, but I got it early. I also bought ACOWAR after finally finishing ACOMAF. I purchased ACOWAR on Mercari, as I wanted the original cover, not the new ugly cover. I spent like $36 for it. Yuck. And then the seller had the nerve to send it in a thin plastic bag! Not even a box! For an out-of-print edition! Thankfully there wasn't any major damage to the book beyond a few corner dings, but yeesh.

Oh, and then I ordered ACOSF off Amazon for like $13. I had a coupon. Also, I haven't read ACOSF yet, but I am a believer in Nesta/Cassian supremacy. And, while I want spinoffs for every character (including Tamlin and Eris who I think have darker pasts and reasons for choices that aren't yet shared), this relationship will probably be my favorite of the entire series.



Now we come to the January FairyLoot box, which, true to FairyLoot's theme so far, arrived an entire month late. Honestly, I don't know why I expect FairyLoot boxes to ever be on time these days. As for the contents of this box, I was underwhelmed. I could've done without every single non-book item besides the tarot cards, which are of The Wrath and the Dawn characters. My faves! The book is pretty with the gold snake spine, but the sprayed edges are such an ugly gold and the cover gives me mixed feelings when compared to the original. Overall, I think I'll be going for the book-only option whenever FairyLoot finally gets around to offering one. One hundred years from now. Ugh...

What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. That's a bummer about the Mercari fiasco. You'd think the seller could've at lease used the bubble mailers. I only recently started saving some smaller boxes that I know would work for mailing books as books came in them! Usually I mail a book in a padded mailer and wrap the book into two plastic bags for extra packing. I'm still waiting on my copy of ACOSF to arrive. It should hopefully be today, but I've no clue. B&N's member shipping has gone greatly down hill since last year. A book I ordered last Thursday finally arrived this Thursday. If I didn't get the membership with my credit card I would've canceled it already.

    The Fairy Loot box was a little meh this month. The book sleeve is just too flimsy for my liking I don't see this actually protecting a book in transit. I actually like the cover though, I think it's little more mysterious. The original one felt a little too friendly for my liking. I mean, I know this is a teenage Medusa story, but she looked too friendly for my liking. Lol. The tarot cards are gorgeous though!

    Hope you enjoy the new reads!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!