Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Top 3 Covers of 2018 So Far

Can you believe it’s almost 2018?! The year is more than halfway over! Yikes.

Because 2018 is almost here, and because some of the year’s covers have been revealed, I thought I’d share my top three covers of 2018 so far.

Everless
(Untitled #1)
Publication Date: January 2, 2018
Hardcover, 336 pages, HarperTeen
Genres: YA, Fantasy

In the land of Sempera, time is extracted from blood and used as payment. Jules Ember and her father were once servants at Everless, the wealthy Gerling family’s estate, but were cast out after of a fateful accident a decade ago. Now, Jules’s father is reaching his last hour, and she will do anything to save him. Desperate to earn time, she arrives at the palace as it prepares for a royal wedding, ready to begin her search into childhood secrets that she once believed to be no more than myths. As she uncovers lost truths, Jules spirals deeper into a past she hardly recognizes, and faces an ancient and dangerous foe who threatens her future and the future of time itself.

My Thoughts

Everless might be my favorite cover of 2018 (so far), and what’s sad is that I don’t even know a lot about it. I actually had no idea this book was a thing until Epic Reads did their cover release post a couple months back.

I just love the hourglass image on this cover, though. Mixed with the orange and silver colors, it’s amazing. I love the inside of the hourglass that much, but I don’t dislike it, either. I’m neutral on that front.

***

The Defiant
(The Valiant #2)
Publication Date: February 13, 2018
Hardcover, 336 pages, Razorbill
Genres: YA, Historical Fiction

The darling of the Roman Empire is in for the fight of her life.

Be brave, gladiatrix… And be wary. Once you win Caesar’s love, you’ll earn his enemies’ hate.

Fallon was warned.

Now she is about to pay the price for winning the love of the Roman people as Caesar’s victorious gladiatrix.

In this highly anticipated sequel to THE VALIANT, Fallon and her warrior sisters find themselves thrust into a vicious conflict with a rival gladiator academy, one that will threaten not only Fallon’s heart – and her love for Roman soldier Cai – but the very heart of the ancient Roman Empire.

When dark treachery and vicious power struggles threaten her hard-won freedom, the only thing that might help the girl known as Victrix save herself and her sisters is a tribe of long-forgotten mythic Amazon warriors.

The only trouble is, they might just kill her themselves first.

My Thoughts

I haven’t read The Valiant yet, nor have I read any other books by Lesley Livingston, but this one looks good. Someone on Twitter said that this cover was giving them Wonder Woman vibes. I can see that. It definitely reminds me of the Amazons.

I think my favorite part of this cover is just how bada$$ it looks. Plus, purple is my favorite color. ;)

***

Shadow Call
(Kaitan Chronicles #2)
Publication Date: April 17, 2018
Hardcover, 432 pages, Delacorte Press
Genres: YA, Sci-Fi

His throne. Her rebellion. Their war.

Qole is the youngest starship captain in living memory on her homeworld of Alaxak and has spent her life hunting a dangerous energy source called Shadow. Alaxans distrust and evade the galaxy’s royalty as a rule, but Qole is now harboring the exiled Prince Nevarian Dracorte, along with some very conflicting feelings about it—and him.

Nev’s feelings are just as complicated, but not towards her. When it comes to Qole, he knows one thing: he’d do anything to stay with her. But when Alaxak is attacked and Nev finds himself framed for murder, he realizes the only way to help Qole and her people is to fight for the throne that should be his. To become the royal she might hate.

As for Qole, she would never have imagined herself as the leader of a rebellion. Despite that, she soon realizes that hiding from her power is no longer an option. It’s time to answer the call, even if it kills her.

My Thoughts

Again, I haven’t read the first book in this series, but the cover speaks to me. I’ve been in weird sci-fi/fantasy phase this year, and this cover really reminds me of The Expanse and Dark Matter television shows.

I love the colors mixed with the inside of the ship and outer space. I think it’s a beautiful view. I need to pick up book one before I can get my hands on this bad boy, though. *sigh*

***

Well, there you have it. Those are my Top 3 Covers of 2018 So Far. Maybe these will move down the list as more covers get revealed, but for now, these are the winners.

What are some of your favorite covers of 2018?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!