Monday, August 14, 2017

My Very Crazy and New Brooklyn Life

As I mentioned in some of my previous posts, I moved to Brooklyn this month!

In case you don’t realize how monumental that is, I’ve lived in Missouri my entire life. I also drove cross-country with my roommate when I’ve never driven outside of Missouri before. My dad drove me and my stuff to Illinois to meet up with my roomie, and we drove a Uhaul from Illinois to Brooklyn, NY. It was a very eventful trip. There was laughter, tears, and Disney songs.

Now, I moved to New York so I could work in book publishing. I don’t have a job yet and my money is slowly dwindling, but I think I’m going to get some work soon. It may just be a slower process than I would have hoped for.

Anyway, I thought I’d share some pictures of the new apartment with you. Obviously, I didn’t share any pics of the bathrooms or my roommates’ bedrooms because that would be awkward.


This is my bedroom. As you can see, I used the same bedspread and sheet set that I’ve had since my freshman year of college. I’m also using plastic bins as bookshelves and nightstands. It’s a truly nightmarish experience. Hopefully, I can get a job, simply so I can buy myself a decent bookshelf.


I contributed very little to the living room. My Supernatural blanket and Hogwarts pillows are the only things I added to the overall décor here. The couch was gifted to us by a neighbor though, so that was cool. #freestuffftw


The last room really is the living room too since they’re both connected. This is the messy kitchen. There’s very little counter space.

So, yes, my life has been crazily upheaved in the past few months. If you’ve been trying to get ahold of me about blog-related things, or if you’ve commented and I haven’t responded (I think I’m caught up, but I’m not 100% sure), then please just message me again.

What crazy antics have you gotten up to over the summer? Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the big move! I would think that Missouri is nothing like New York. I hope you get your dream job very soon :) Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!