Saturday, August 12, 2017

Stacking the Shelves: The Brooklyn Library Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I haven’t been reading a lot lately because I’ve had too much to do. I did however, take some time to visit my NEW local library in Brooklyn. That’s right, I moved to Brooklyn!!! I’ll share some pics soon, but for now, please enjoy my library haul.

The Upside of Unrequired by Becky Albertalli
Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers
Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton

I’m kind of broke right now, so I’ll probably be borrowing all of my books from the library until I get a job. *Cross my fingers that I get one soon.*

What books have you bought/received lately?

16 comments:

  1. I really want to read a Becky Abertalli book especially Simon Vs. Fingers crossed for you 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Simon Vs. It was so cute. And thank you for the luck. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh nice! Only read Assassin's Heart but I really really liked that one! The companion novel was okay in my opinion but I loooved this one! Hope you enjoy the new reads! And good luck with the job search! I'm sure you'll find a good job before you know it! It took me almost a year to find my current one and it's now going on two years since I've been there. It'll happen! As I was told, just apply for anything and everything you think you might like/can do. Obviously you may not always like your job but hopefully it can at least be tolerable! ;)

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know Assassin's Heart had a companion book. I'll have to look into that.

      Thanks for the kind words. I'm looking into some stuff now, so hopefully it works out. :)

      Delete
  3. I hear great things about Becky's books. I must try and read one in the near future. I hope your move wasn't too stressful!

    Danica @ Shelves of Spines
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The move was definitely eventful, but we made it. You should definitely read Becky's books. Simon vs. is awesome! :)

      Delete
  4. I loved The Upside of Unrequited! It was good. I hope you enjoy your new books. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a hold on The Upside of Unrequired by Becky Albertalli at my library I should be getting later this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get a job soon - good luck! <3

    I've heard amazing things about The Upside of Unrequited so I hope you love it! :)

    Enjoy your new books!
    My STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read the Upside of the Unrequited! Great set of books you got!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully you get a job soon so you can buy more books!!! :)

    Check out my STS at El's Book Reviews! I truly appreciate it!

    Hope you have a great day!

    - El

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!