Saturday, August 26, 2017

Stacking the Shelves: The Game of Thrones Withdrawal Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

It was my birthday on Tuesday, so besides just taking a small blogging break, I also decided to treat myself to some books. My roomies and I went to the Union Square B&N to browse their four-story store.

I’ve been clamoring for some adult fantasy lately, simply so I can ease some of my withdrawals after Game of Thrones is on its hiatus. My original intention was to just get one book with a $25 gift card I had; however, my friends left me in the store too long, so I picked up a second book. Yikes.

Malice by John Gwynne
The Steel Remains by Richard K. Morgan

Hopefully, these two books will settle my stages of grief.

The magazines that are pictured were given to me by my roommate. She knows I’m a Defenders and Game of Thrones junkie; thus, the magazines are now mine.

What books have you bought/received lately?

9 comments:

  1. I really must watch Game of Thrones! Is it on Netflix?

    Happy birthday! My youngest son had a birthday on Wednesday, and the Sunday before was my daughter's birthday. We had three birthdays in August!

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, sadly it's not on Netflix, just HBO. I think you can purchase episodes through Hulu and Amazon, though.

      Happy late birthday to your kids! XD

      Delete
  2. Awesome haul of books this week I hope you love all of them....

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. August babies are the best! (I'm one too ;-) ) I hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy both of these. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!