Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: Freedom's Slave by Heather Demetrios


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

Freedom’s Slave
(Dark Caravan Cycle #3)
Publication Date: February 28, 2017
Hardcover, 608 pages, Balzer + Bray
Genres: YA, Fantasy

An Empress Fighting for Her Crown
After three long years in exile, Nalia is ready to return to her homeland and sit on the throne that is rightfully hers. But the gods might have other plans. Forced to endure untold horrors on the journey to Arjinna, Nalia learns that it will take more than cutting down the tyrant Calar to get her crown.

An Army Fighting to Survive
Raif’s return to Arjinna as the commander of the revolution against Calar and her army isn’t as smooth as he’d hoped. Though he has more soldiers than ever before, his love for Nalia is losing him the trust of his comrades...and the war. But little does the resistance know that insurrection is brewing among Calar’s own ranks—and from the one person she trusts the most.

A Land Worth Fighting for
Arjinna is dying—Calar’s evil experiments with dark magic and the strength of her own psychic powers threaten to destroy the land of the jinn. Is Nalia and Raif’s enduring love enough to transform and rescue their homeland? Will they be willing to save the realm, no matter the cost?

My Thoughts

I still haven’t read book two yet. *Hides head in shame.* I really enjoyed Exquisite Captive, but I don’t remember a lot about it. To help myself remember, I think I’m going to reread the first book before I marathon the whole trilogy.

Oh, and did you see that this book is going to be 600 pages?! Holy monkey! Blood Passage was only 500, and Exquisite Captive was around 480. There’s a huge page jump there. I’m hoping it doesn’t look too weird on my shelf like Mary E. Pearson’s The Beauty of Darkness does. Maybe Balzer + Bray will use the thin, Bible-like pages…?

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

14 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! Not sure I know this series! Hope you enjoy the finale!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaassss, I am so excited about this book! I loved books one and two. You must read Blood Passage! It is so, so epic. It's crazy that this book is so long. I'm hoping to read it next week! I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week, Shell. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo... I'm glad it's good. I'm super excited to read it now. :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't read the first books but I really wanna read the series. Maybe I'll join you on the marathon when this one comes out :) I hope book two and this one are wonderful :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an arc of Freedom's Slave but I haven't read it yet. I didn't like the second book at all so I'm worried. I did love the first book a lot so... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. Second-book syndrome. *sigh* It's a sad thing...

      Delete
  5. Oooh! This book sounds really interesting! I'll have to check it out!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should definitely check it out. :)

      Delete
  6. I haven't heard of this series before, but after seeing this book I definitely want to start reading it! It looks terrific, hope you enjoy!!
    Thanks for visiting my WoW yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you get to pick up the first book and enjoy it as well. ;)

      Delete
  7. I don't think that I have heard of this series before. I hope you enjoy this book (and the second one) once you get a chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!