Saturday, January 28, 2017

Stacking the Shelves: The Insane Five-Month Hoard

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I haven’t done a Stacking the Shelves since August. AUGUST.

You’d think there would be a ton of books coming up in this haul, wouldn’t you. Well… you’d be sort of right. There’s a lot, but not like there used to be. You see, I’m slowing down on my book-buying. Why? Well, I’m worried about the whole book-moving ordeal. I’ve moved myself out of my parents’ house, but my books still haven’t made it to their home yet. That’s going to be a fun and heavy day. Ugh.

Anyway, here’s what I got, minus a few I either accidentally left out or didn’t remember to take a picture of:


USED BOOK SALE
Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy
The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
Forged by Erin Bow
The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
My Life Next Door by Huntely Fitzpatrick
The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima

PURCHASED
Dangerous Deception by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
Firefight and Calamity by Brandon Sanderson
Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig
Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines
Magnolia by Kristi Cook
The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia
This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills
Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes (not pictured)

CHRISTMAS GIFT
Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
Ice Like Fire and Frost Like Night by Sara Raasch
Starflight by Melissa Landers


These are my Christmas presents. You can see some of the books here too.



BORROWED FROM BRB
The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
Under the Lights by Abbi Glines
The Odds of Lightning by Jocelyn Davies
A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess
And I Darken by Kiersten White



RECEIVED FROM SIMON & SCHUSTER VISIT
One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid
The Life and Times of Persimmon Wilson by Nancy Peacock
Everything You Want Me to Be by Mindy Mejia
He Will Be My Ruin by K.A. Tucker
The Gilded Years by Karin Tanabe
Losing the Light by Andrea Dunlop
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman

Well, there it is. Five months’ worth of books. Yikes. I’ve got a lot of reading to do.

What books have you bought/received lately?

P.S. I’ll explain more about the S&S visit in my upcoming New York trip recap post!

6 comments:

  1. Dannnnnng!! That's a lot of books! Five months or not! Lol!! Hope you enjoy every single one of these!!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I'm not sure when I'll get around to reading some of them. *sigh* The life of a book lover...

      Delete
  2. Can you move your books a little at a time? Or did you move farther away? Love the pictures of your books. I usually grab a JPG (or whatever) off GoodReads, but I'm liking the picture thing better. So when I have the physical books, I'm thinking there's going to be pictures from now on. :O)

    Here's my Stacking the Shelves post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on moving from Missouri to New York, so a little at a time might not be the best idea... As for the pictures, I like them better too. I like seeing what the books look like in real life, not just online. Does that make sense?

      Delete
  3. That is a completely reasonable number of books for a 5 month period. I am curious about your S&S visit and look forward to your post about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I hope that post comes soon. I've been a little overwhelmed lately, so we'll see. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!