Monday, January 30, 2017

Favorite Cover of 2017 (So Far)

I needed a relatively short post to write up today, as I’m both angry at some of the awful current events going down and not feeling the greatest. So today, you’re getting my favorite cover of 2017 (so far)!

Defy the Stars
(Untitled #1)
Publication Date: April 4, 2017
Hardcover, 512 pages, Little, Brown Books
Genres: YA, Sci-Fi

Noemi Vidal is a teen soldier from the planet Genesis, once a colony of Earth that's now at war for its independence. The humans of Genesis have fought Earth's robotic "mech" armies for decades with no end in sight.

After a surprise attack, Noemi finds herself stranded in space on an abandoned ship where she meets Abel, the most sophisticated mech prototype ever made. One who should be her enemy. But Abel's programming forces him to obey Noemi as his commander, which means he has to help her save Genesis--even though her plan to win the war will kill him.

Together they embark on a daring voyage through the galaxy. Before long, Noemi begins to realize Abel may be more than a machine, and, for his part, Abel's devotion to Noemi is no longer just a matter of programming.

My Thoughts

I don’t really know what this is about, but I also don’t really care. It’s such a beautiful book. That cover is gorgeous! Usually, I’m more of a cover model fan, which is kind of the minority in publishing nowadays, but this cover just speaks to me. I think it's the purple. I'm a sucker for purple. Now, some of my other top contenders for my favorite covers of 2017 (so far) do have cover models on them, but I’ll save that discussion for another post.

Anywho, I really enjoyed Gray’s Evernight series way back when, and her Fateful book was good too. I haven’t read A Thousand Pieces of You (it’s on my list), but I’ve heard good things. Let’s hope Gray writes a mean sci-fi book.

2 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful cover! I love the purple as well. I haven't read this author before but I think I have some of her Evernight series in my kindle account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed that series, but I'd hold off on her Spellcaster books...

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!