Tuesday, January 24, 2017

So I Lied a Little Bit and a Book Unhaul

Okay, so I know I said I wouldn’t be around very much this semester because of grad school, but I kind of lied. Maybe… I’m going to try my hardest to post at least a few times per week until the end of May (after that I’ll go back to my daily schedule). Now this may be a little wonky during midterms, but I think it’s doable-ish.

For those of you who don’t know, I’m a college student. This means I change living spaces a lot. Most of my books stay with my parents at their house, but I’m going to officially graduate soon. Thus, I will need to rent an official one-bedroom apartment that I don’t share with any roommates. Or, I’ll move to New York and keep all of my books in Missouri until I can afford to have someone ship them to me. ;)

Either way, it’s time for me to cut down by getting rid of ones I’m either never going to read or that I did read and didn’t particularly enjoy. Below you’ll find my chosen sacrifices. Oh, and forgive the horrible image quality. It was late and I’d just gotten back from a six-hour trip.

Merlin’s Dragon by T.A. Barron
I love T.A. Barron’s other Merlin books, but I just don’t think I’ll ever read this one.

Destiny of the Wolf by Terry Spear
I read this one, but I didn’t enjoy it enough to continue with the series.

The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
I don’t think I’ll ever get to this book.

Wings and Spells by Aprilynne Pike
I read book one, but I don’t really have an interest in reading book two.

The Big Crunch by Pete Hautman
I picked this up at a library sale. It was a stuff-a-bag-full-of-books-for-five-dollars sale, but the premise of this book doesn’t really intrigue me.

Devilish by Maureen Johnson
Same as The Big Crunch.

The Fallout by S.A. Bodeen
This is the second book in a series, and I don’t have the money or time to really invest in the first book. Maybe someday I’ll pick up book one, but it won’t be before I get rid of this dude.

Half Bad by Sally Green
I wanted to like this book. I really did.

Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes by Rick Riordan
I won this book in a giveaway, but it just took up too much room. Plus, it doesn’t even have Orion in it. He’s the one I’ve been trying to find some more literature on.

***
Just so you know, I’ll be trading these books in at my local used bookstore, so they’ll probably be gone by the time this post is up.

Well, there’s my picture of shame. I’ve given up on so many series here. Ugh.

What are some books you’re thinking about getting rid of?

2 comments:

  1. I have only read 1 of the books on your list but it is one of my favorites. The Time Travelers Wife is an amazing book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that, I just don't know if it's for me... :(

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!