Saturday, April 16, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Zodiac Addiction Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Just when I think I get a handle on blogging fairly regularly again, work and/or life gets in the way. I guess you'll just have to put up with my sporadic posts. #SorryNotSorry. I will say that I am happy it's the weekend and that a big work task is over. Now, hopefully, my brain can gel out and calm down. To help with that, let's talk about my favorite thing—books!


I don't have a lot to share this week in terms of physical books. It's been pretty sparse buying-wise, though I've preordered quite a few things. I actually only have The Atlas Six to haul. This is the first FairyLoot Adult book from their new monthly subscription. I'm a little disappointed in this edition, just because I think the Illumicrate and Waterstones ones are prettier. I am still very excited for April's Adult book, as it doesn't have a gazillion other special editions like March and May's choices. Plus, the April book choice is one of my favorite reads of the year (so far).


Next up is a mish-mash of stuff. My preorder incentive for Crescent City #2 came in. It's larger than I would prefer for a book print. It's basically poster size. I also forgot to share The Witcher Funko Pop my mom preordered for me during Christmas time. I picked it up at her house back in March when I visited. Oh, also not pictured is my new bookcase! I'll share photos soon-ish. Once I get things arranged. And lastly for the physical items, I have a library book of Icebreaker by A.L. Graziadei.

I've been diving back into the Zodiac Academy world even though I told myself to hold off since book eight in the series isn't out until December. But I couldn't stop myself. So, I downloaded books 1-3 of the prequel/spinoff series, Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac, on Kindle Unlimited. I don't love this series as much as Zodiac Academy, but it's fun. I do like Leon, Dante, and Ryder, though. I also downloaded A Court of Honey and Ash on Kindle Unlimited. I saw that Bookish Box is doing a special edition for this series, so I thought I'd try it out.


Speaking of Zodiac Academy, I preordered an ebook of Nightingale, which is an anthology that includes a short story from the ZA world. The anthology came out in early April and benefits those in Ukraine. So far, I've only read the ZA story. I haven't even looked at the other authors who contributed. And, lastly, I bought A Court of Bitter Thorn by Kay L. Moody because it was only $2.99 on Kindle. And I think that's all I got over the past couple of weeks... I hope...

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. OOh nice! Yeah, I wasn't blown away by the FL Atlas Six. When I opened it I was like this is it? I mean, I get alternative colors for the cover, but this off white one? Really? I think it was the Illumicrate one I saw that I thought was spectacular. Honestly, if I saw this version on the shelf, I would've passed it up. Still not sure if I will read it, maybe. I haven't really included it into my "inventory" yet because of it. I decided to skip the April one myself as it didn't really sound like one I would enjoy and since I know what the May one is I'm hoping they knock that one out of the park.

    Nice new reads though! And yay for a bookcase! I really want to get a new one myself, mainly for my Caraval collection but I need another one or two for my regular books. But alas I still need to find my own space still. It's friggin hard right now and it leaves me feeling dejected every time I find things that don't work for what I need.

    Hope you enjoy all your new reads and goodies!


    Here's my StS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people were disappointed with FL's The Atlas Six. It was such a let down for a first book in their new subscription. Maybe it would've been better if the book didn't already have 10 other editions. And I get you with the bookcase issues. It's so hard to find one that will do everything you want it to do. I'd like a shelf that could hold not only my books, but my fan art and Funko Pops too, and there just isn't enough room, sadly. One day I'll have a giant library, though. Hopefully. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!