Saturday, April 2, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Return to the Library Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Oh man, has this been the week from h-e-double-hockey-sticks. Work has just been unbelievable stressful. Thankfully, I was able to take the past weekend to go visit my parents and get away from everything. I ended up watching Spider-Man: No Way Home and The Batman with them, so that was fun. I didn't get much reading done, though. BUT, I do have a solid book haul this week!
 
 
First up, I have a couple of library books. There's So This is Ever After by F.T. Lukens and All That's Left in the World by Erik J. Brown. Both of these sound fun, and I hope they scratch the itch of cute, sci-fi/fantasy reads to get me through a slight life slump that's been causing my reading to suffer this past week. I definitely need some light-hearted fiction right now.


In addition to those, I downloaded Court of Dragons by Frost Kay on Kindle Unlimited. Like many of the other Kindle Unlimited books I've downloaded, I'm not sure I'll get to this one before I end my subscription. However, it has a gorgeous cover, right!? I really hope it's a good, if not great, read because that cover deserves a good story.


My preorder incentive for Julie Kagawa's Iron Sword also came in. I'm assuming these are the two main characters from her Iron Fey series, but I haven't read the newer installments yet, so I don't know if they're still the same characters or if the new additions follow other characters in the Iron Fey world. It looks like Ash and Meghan, though.

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you had a crummy week, but glad the weekend was good! I still need to see those two movies too! I'm a bit behind on my Marvel movies. I think there are 2 more I need to watch before Spider Man...because I am that geek that likes watching them in order for continuity's sake!

    Nice haul too! Those are new to me reads, but I hope you enjoy them all! It's funny how your library books have covers that have the characters in similar positions!

    I finally got my preorder incentives for The Iron Sword last week and I still need to read that book! I read The Iron Raven as an ARC last year or possibly the prior year and my request to review this one early went ignored. So I'm struggling to remember if Meghan and Ash made a brief appearance or not in "Puck's" book. I want to say maybe? Like for a scene? Now I think they could be more prominent in this new one that I still need to read, but that's only a guess! Lol.

    Hope you enjoy all of your new reads!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the new Iron Fey book from Puck's POV? I couldn't remember if I even saw it say that. I just bought it because FairyLoot had a pretty edition. Lol. I need to go back and do a re-read of the series, but it has some personal memories attached that it might be too soon for me to get into yet.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!